Natural Gas Rates Dropping Again In Greenville

There's a New Years present for everyone who heats with natural gas in Greenville -- gas prices are dropping again.

Greenville Utilities says for the second month in a row it's dropping gas rates...this time about a 6% cut. That means an typical wintertime customer will see about a $5 drop each month.

GUC says wholesale natural gas prices have continued to decline due to increasing supply and lower demand. Since August 2008, GUC has cut gas rates 11 times for a total reduction of about 48%.

• by Buck Location: Not from Greenville on Dec 31, 2011 at 01:29 PM
    Sure wish I heated and cooked on natural gas.My light bill was way too high for what I used so thanks obama for doing what you said you would do on the coal industry.I will add I did not vote in 08 but will in 2012 if I dont freeze to death first.
  • by 40some on Dec 30, 2011 at 08:24 PM
    Of course demand has been dropping. With it having been such an expensive energy source for so long many like myself have opted away from it and demand has been stifled. Especially considering the volitility of the price being subject to skyrocket at any time of peak demand or disruption of supply.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 30, 2011 at 06:07 PM
    The Republicans have been advocating for utilization of natural resources that can be abundantly found in our own country.
  • by Sarah Location: Greenville on Dec 30, 2011 at 04:39 PM
    The prices are dropping because the demand is low. Think about it..... it's been a mild winter so far. Once the temperatures drop the prices will rise. "Make em pay when they need it most". That is the GUC way.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 30, 2011 at 04:37 PM
    Thank goodness the Republicans in Congress have been presuring Barrack Obama to encourage more Natural Gas exploration with less government regulation.
  • by I'm Angry on Dec 30, 2011 at 03:18 PM
    I can't believe they're lowering the price again! I've got stock in natural gas and I don't want my dividends check to drop anymore that it has. Dadgone it! (sarcazm)
  • by Audra Location: SoCal, unfortunately on Dec 30, 2011 at 02:10 PM
    Gawd am I jealous right now!
  • by Anonymous on Dec 30, 2011 at 01:40 PM
    That stupid Obama. Look at what his policies are causing. If he and his socialist EPA restrict carbon emissions then the climate might begin to turn back normal and that would mean colder temperatures and higher energy prices! We better vote him out in 2012!
      by Anonymous on Dec 30, 2011 at 03:09 PM in reply to
      Everybody dont run on natural gas.My electric heat set on 65 now because my power bill has skyrocketed the last 3 years.Gonna be a cold cold winter for millions.I sleep in my shorts,socks and tobogan now with two thick blankets.
      by 40some on Dec 31, 2011 at 01:12 PM in reply to
      All those empty repo houses that haven't had the gas logs lit since 2008. I thought he promised to fix all that.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136444878 - witn.com/a?a=136444878