GUC Reaches Safety Milestone

Greenville Utilities has reached a major safety milestone -- two million consecutive hours without any lost workday injuries.

GUC, which has 426 employees, took nearly 31 months to reach the goal. In October 2010, the public utility reached the one million mark.

GUC says currently it's the only North Carolina utility reporting two million hours, and just one of 67 companies in the state with the safety record.

• by Jay Location: Greenville on Feb 17, 2012 at 05:54 AM
    And I would like to send a congratulations to those who are doing the field work. That's a lot of hours without an incident. Two-thumbs up for the grunts. I wish I could say the same for their overpaid bosses.
  • by James Location: Greenville on Feb 16, 2012 at 02:40 PM
    Boring! What next, City Hall gets a new doormat for the spring season?
  • by HAPPY Location: GREENVILLE NC on Feb 16, 2012 at 01:43 PM
    Congrats to all GUC employees for being safe at work! It may seem silly to a lot of people but I would be glad to have the peace of mind that my family works in an enviroment that focuses on safety. Keep up the good work!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    65000 raise for the boss
  • by Safety Man Location: Washington on Feb 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    Congratulations on this huge achievement. I would like to say thanks to all those guys and gals who work in the trenches. You work in a potentially deadly business and this is great. I would like to know how long a period of months it has taken GUC to achieve this milestone. Stay focused and don't get complacent. You can make many more million hour steps. Good job again.
  • by Anne on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
    Yeah, nice work... Maybe all of our bills go to safety workshops for GUC? I expect to be reimbursed whenever convenient hahahah
  • by Vic Location: pitt on Feb 16, 2012 at 09:03 AM
    CONGRATULATIONS---to all those hard working people! That is alot of hours......way to go!!
  • by Jay Location: Greenville on Feb 16, 2012 at 07:17 AM
    Now if they would only lower our OUTRAGEOUS rates...
      by Luis on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM in reply to Jay
      Agreed .
      by Pat on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM in reply to Jay
      You have lived a very sheltered life if you think the rates here are outrageous.
        by Luis on Feb 17, 2012 at 05:34 AM in reply to Pat
        That is a subjective statement. I guess if you call living in Guatemala , NC , LA , VA and AL sheltered i guess you are right. Either way the prices are way too high.
        by Jay on Feb 17, 2012 at 05:51 AM in reply to Pat
        Pat. I beg to differ. I've been here for 8 years and before that, I had a two-story, 2100 square foot home with a utility bill that averaged $130-$160, depending on the time of the year. I currently live in a 700 square foot apartment that averages $110-$130. That's outrageous to me.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139437813 - witn.com/a?a=139437813