Cherry Hospital Frontline Workers Protest

Staffers at Cherry Hospital in Goldsboro say some frontline workers plan to protest Wednesday.

The workers deal directly with patients with mental illnesses.

The issues workers have with management regard dangerous working conditions, forced mandatory overtime and an unfair grievance system.

The protest is scheduled to begin outside the hospital at noon.

• by Anonymous on Sep 14, 2011 at 09:36 AM
    wah wah wah...quit crying gee...maybe they need to be checked for mental illnesses. dont like your job, get another one.
  • by FedUp II Location: Greenville on Sep 14, 2011 at 08:29 AM
    Bring back the cages!
  • by goodneighbor Location: lagrange on Sep 14, 2011 at 07:54 AM
    i am not surprised, the State Employees are treated very wrong.I hope the workers at Cherry get their fair shake in this matter. There needs to be some kind of investigation brought up on all state mental health agencies. I know their families would love to know whats going on behind closed doors.
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on Sep 14, 2011 at 06:16 AM
    Is this part of Obamas new job package? This will create plenty of new jobs.
  • by Dawg on Sep 14, 2011 at 05:00 AM
    If they don't like working there, quit. You know where the door is. Go find someplace else to work that makes you happy.
      by Sure, you going there? on Sep 14, 2011 at 07:05 AM in reply to Dawg
      Simple minds have simple answers!!! I worked there yrs ago just before Mental Health Deform started. It was getting dangerous then!! I can't imagine what it's like now!! Folks are going in and have not been on meds for months! Then they are pressured to get them marginally stable and D/C them back into the community not much better than when they went in! With NO FOLLOW UP in the community!! Then the cut backs on staffing!! You want to deal with an unstable 300 lb paranoid schizophrenic with just a couple of folks if you're lucky!! Yeah, just quit, there's so many jobs out there waiting for you!! IDIOT!!!!!
        by Anonymous on Sep 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM in reply to Sure, you going there?
        Everyone discharged is required to have 90 days of follow up. They are not allowed to attend their hearing or even see a lawyer, but court ordered into follow up treatment.
      by Sam on Sep 14, 2011 at 07:59 AM in reply to Dawg
      Dawg, it's not that easy to do these days. Notice there are a lot more unhappy people, even employed people, but stuck with jobs that involve hostility, a bad boss who treats his workers like dogs, and additional duties without pay. My wife is the head nurse of her department, and loves her job. I'm my own boss and enjoy what I'm doing. I feel like my employees are happy with their job and I try to make them feel comfortable and treat them well with a few incentives.
        by Anonymous on Sep 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM in reply to Sam
        well you are very rare....
          by Sam on Sep 14, 2011 at 01:32 PM in reply to
          I just feel like the happier your employees are, the smoother things go, and the less problems will occur. That will mean good in the long run. They do as they are asked to do and I am glad to have them around. It helps to have a little joking around when it's not that busy.
  • by Carl Kolchack Location: Pitt County on Sep 14, 2011 at 04:09 AM
    What? Workers at Cherry Hospital have a grievance system?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 129786288 - witn.com/a?a=129786288