Free Concealed Handgun Carry Class For Some NC Lawmakers

The instructor of an Eastern Carolina concealed handgun carry class says he is offering his class free of charge to state and federal representatives and senators from NC.

Chris Raper operates Concealed Handgun Carry, Incorporated out of Elm City in Wilson County.

Raper tells WITN he is making the offer, "To help them increase their own personal safety in their public appearances."

The decision comes after a gunman opened fire on Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, injuring her and 12 others and killing six people nearly two weeks ago.

Concealed Handgun Carry, Inc. was founded in 2006 to provide the required training to meet the North Carolina state requirements in order for a qualifying citizen to apply for a concealed handgun permit.

Raper spent over 40 years in law enforcement including four years as a Security Police Officer (K-9) with the USAF and is certified by both NC Department of Justice as a Firearms Safety Instructor, and by the National Rifle Association as an instructor for the basic pistol and basic shotgun courses.

You can find out more information about Concealed Handgun Carry by clicking on the link below.

• by Back Location: Gvlle on Jan 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    Tim, Its called kissing up, smoozing, brown nosing, etc...He will expect favors from these politicians just like any other business person that sells out his dignity. These politicians have plenty of money to pay for this service but it is offered to them for free. Regular cititzens have to pay. I would imagine this businessman's popularity will diminish somewhat, along with his honest, paying customers; at least I hope so. Remember the name people when you are searching for an instructor to obtain your concealed permit. Choose another instructor. Tell your friends his name so they can go elsewhere. How much lower are you prepared to go Chris? Sucking up to politicians is about as low as you can go friend.
  • by Russ Location: Henderon on Jan 21, 2011 at 07:03 AM
    What's funny is there is going to be very few places these people go that they can carry, "legally". But then they are "special", so I guess provisions will be made.
  • by Second Location: Amendment on Jan 21, 2011 at 05:43 AM
    It's stupid that NC forces instructors to charge a minimum amount for the course. Getting a CHP in NC can cost over $200 depending on the instructor and county fees.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 21, 2011 at 05:25 AM
    What a great idea. Maybe we can start having the politicians having duels again.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 21, 2011 at 03:37 AM
    I had to pay for mine. I bet they also don't have to pay the high fees when they apply.
  • by ???????? on Jan 21, 2011 at 03:07 AM
    I understand I can legally open carry, and I absolutely do. However, I want to be able to conceal my weapon. It is not always appropriate to open carry.$100.00 is a lot of money for the average tax paying citizen to come up with. It may be thump change to some, but to us hardworking middle class citizens with children, it is a lot.
  • by tim Location: pitt on Jan 21, 2011 at 02:54 AM
    Chris that is not the same thing your offering to rep and senators.
  • by To ????????? on Jan 20, 2011 at 09:45 PM
    You can still open carry. I did it just tonight at Wal Mart here in town. It's perfectly legal.
  • by guy Location: pitt on Jan 20, 2011 at 08:50 PM
    wow thats sad but true. Us normal residents have to pay ove $100 to take the class when the rich people get the class for free
  • by Chris Location: Elm City, NC on Jan 20, 2011 at 08:15 PM
    I respect your view. Here is a deal for you. If you get a group of 10 together, collect the money and arrange a SAFE place to shoot and proper classroom setting for the day, I will be happy to have you in the class as my guest. You may reach me through my website,www.concealedhandguncarry.com Regards, Chris

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114322149 - witn.com/a?a=114322149