Former Prison Worker In Jail On Drug Charges

A woman who worked at an Eastern Carolina prison is in jail herself on drug charges.

The Department of Correction says Charlene Evans was a contract health assistant at Greene Correctional Institution.

Court records show the woman was charged Thursday in Pitt County with three counts of trafficking cocaine, two counts of possession with intent to sell/deliver cocaine and one count of maintaining a dwelling for drugs.

The DOC says Evans has worked "off and on" for them, most recently since March of 2010. Spokesman Keith Acree says as of yesterday Evans no longer works at the prison.

• by LJS on Dec 16, 2010 at 03:46 AM
    We all make mistakes but God will forgive. This could be the beginning of a new start. As a mom I know the pain our children may bring in our life but we have a responsibility to keep praying for them.God don't give up on them we can either. Keep praying for you all.
  • by A Mother Location: Farmville on Dec 13, 2010 at 06:22 AM
    We are all one bad decision from making a mistake. We all need to stop judging people. I pray that God gives you and your family the strength so see through this.
  • by x-con Location: Greene on Dec 13, 2010 at 03:59 AM
    I think that she deserves whatever sentence she gets she had a chance to come clean and didn't, lied on her statement to the police. When you're given a chance to come clean and don't this is what happens. Everybody say your prayers for her kids, because she had her chance.
  • by CONCERNED Location: FARMVILLE on Dec 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM
    I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY STAY STRONG.
  • by Rusty Shackelford Location: Pitt County on Dec 12, 2010 at 05:02 PM
    Charlene knew EXACTLY what was going on, I'm sure she had no problem running to Walmart with a wad of cash! Charlene is just as guilty as everyone else involved. I have no sympathy for her.
  • by Anonymous Location: farmville on Dec 11, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    To everyone,this is someones family member,sister,daughter,mother.I know what the news said but everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
  • by Sexy Location: Farmville on Dec 11, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    For all you smart people that dont know whats going on. Charlean is not the "BAD" person that you all are proclaiming her to be. She got caught up in a bad sistuation and I feel sorry for her and her kids. Keep praying that she is set free for a crime that she didnt do. Sometimes being in love gets you messed up. the girl didnt come out of the house, It is sad when you have no control over your house hold.
  • by me Location: greene county on Dec 11, 2010 at 03:57 AM
    you do not know me do you. I love Jesus. He makes rounds through our prison here at greene also.
  • by Me Location: Greenville on Dec 11, 2010 at 02:58 AM
    you know what I can tell she still worked there because in the mug shot she still has on the uniform, I work with DOC myself so I know it when I see....To Reader I did have to read it again, once again sounds like DOC trying to down play the issues at all prisons. Thanks.
  • by Rusty Shackelford Location: Pitt County on Dec 10, 2010 at 03:46 PM
    I have a friend who works there, he told me she was working yesterday and was arrested at the prison.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111667424 - witn.com/a?a=111667424