Former New Bern Police Chief Files For Congress

By: April Davis
By: April Davis

Frank Palombo was at the Craven County board of elections Wednesday completing the last step in the process to run for congress as a Republican in North Carolina's 3rd district.

Palombo will face Republican incumbent Congressman Walter Jones in the primary May 8th. Before seeking political office Palombo was a law enforcement officer for 34 years, retiring as the police chief of New Bern last year.

• by Anonymous on Feb 23, 2012 at 01:05 PM
    frank is for his self he will be just perdue all good till he gets the job then its forget all of it and do wat he wants he didnt stand behind his men as a chief and hell say anything to get in office dont make the same mistake as we did with beverly
  • by Alicia Tunby Location: New Bern on Feb 23, 2012 at 09:31 AM
    Let me say as well that I may be a bit premature in my statement of whom I would vote for. I do love Walter Jones and I also believe in Frank so I would have to think long and hard and go over both with a fine toothed comb but I do love how Walter Jones stands for our Military because I have witnessed that often! Do not think for a minute that I would be hasty in this decision! This election is one of the most important that we have before us and should not be taken lightly!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 23, 2012 at 06:27 AM
    Obviously you have done no research at all. Jones says one thing and does another. Do yourself a favor and look at his record. He DID side with Barney Frank on several occasions! You don't have to believe Palombo, just do some research.
      by Anonymous on Feb 23, 2012 at 01:06 PM in reply to
      ive done reserch i dont like jones but frank palumbo is the last one you want in office
  • by 2centsworth Location: greenville on Feb 23, 2012 at 06:16 AM
    Walter has done more the Veterans and the Military than anyone else has ever taught about. Frank only knows las enforcement. Walter is the man so all that say different, suck-it-up.
      by Anonymous on Feb 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM in reply to 2centsworth
      I would love to see your list of what Walter has done for the military. I recently had the opportunity to talk to some retired military officers including a couple of Generals and they all said it's time for Walter to go. Walter is a lot like Jimmy Carter, a nice man with good intentions but totally ineffectual in his office. Can you name one real job that Walter has ever had besides politician? Bet you can't. Frank Palombo has a Master's Degree in Public Administration and 6 years active duty in the military. He spent a total of 34 years as a police officer, the last 14 as a chief. I'd say he is far better qualified than most first time candidates.
  • by Nick Location: Nags Head on Feb 23, 2012 at 05:08 AM
    Jones has been an embarrassment. Sure he talks a good talk but check his voting record for actuality. Ever been to one of his meetings? I have never seen anyone get the heck out of the neighborhood faster than tat man and let us not forget that he was a Democrat before he became a Republican just so he could be elected. Thanks Wally and goodbye.
  • by Alicia Tunby Location: New Bern on Feb 22, 2012 at 09:55 PM
    Well I for one would vote for him! He did a fine job of running the New Bern Police force and I was so sorry to see him go but I am glad he is going to go to a higher level too! Maybe this time we can get some change on a local level! Kudos Frank! You have my vote!
      by 250 on Feb 23, 2012 at 08:04 AM in reply to Alicia Tunby
      Well well well. We know Bev's records and she hails from New Bern as well??????????????
        by Alicia Tunby on Feb 23, 2012 at 09:27 AM in reply to 250
        Obviously, we know Bev was extremely tarnished however! What is your knowledge of Frank?
          by Anonymous on Feb 23, 2012 at 01:02 PM in reply to Alicia Tunby
          him and rerdue are in the same catagory
      by Anonymous on Feb 23, 2012 at 05:18 PM in reply to Alicia Tunby
      There's a big difference in running a police department and being a congressman.
        by Alicia Tunby on Feb 24, 2012 at 09:58 PM in reply to
        I agree but what makes him in the same catagory?
  • by WOW Location: Pitt County on Feb 22, 2012 at 08:42 PM
    NO WAY!! I thought he was just a totally unqualified, harmless sort of goof ball until I read his ignorant Email criticizing Walter Jones of being an enemy of the Military and siding with Barney Frank. I mean, how stupid and low can you be--Jones has been an over the top supporter of the Armed Forces in this Country and is trying to help us maintain a good Defense Department and be fisically responsible. Palombo would be an embarassment to this District, NC, and the Nation as a whole. Please tell me no one is dumb enough to support this mean little man.
      by K on Feb 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM in reply to WOW
      Walter says he supports the military while taking away from them at the same time. Walter must go!!!
        by Anonymous on Feb 23, 2012 at 01:01 PM in reply to K
        he sucked as a police chief that say it all
      by Anonymous on Feb 23, 2012 at 01:07 PM in reply to WOW
      he was an embarrasment to the city of newbern police dept
      by Anonymous on Feb 23, 2012 at 05:20 PM in reply to WOW
      I agree with you. However you would be surprised at the people dumb enough to support a neophyte big mouth like Frank.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 140088843 - witn.com/a?a=140088843