Former Employee Charged In Night Deposit Robberies

A former employee is accused of twice robbing restaurant workers at gunpoint as they tried to make night deposits.

Jeremy Jefferson is charged with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon after his arrest Wednesday morning.

Goldsboro police say the two robberies involved night deposits from two different Andy's Steakhouse locations. The first one happened on April 4th when an employee said he was leaving the restaurant on Highway 111 South when he was attacked by a gunman who placed him in a choke hold and pointed the weapon at his head.

The next one happened late Tuesday night at the New Century Bank on Spence Avenue. Two employees were at the deposit drop box when a gunman came out from behind the bushes and demanded the deposit bag. Despite having on a black ski mask, the two victims were able to identify the gunman as Jefferson, who used to work at their Wayne Memorial Drive location.

The 21-year-old Mount Olive man was arrested by Wayne County deputies at his home, where they also recovered evidence from both robberies.

Jefferson's bond was set at $150,000.

• by wayne county gurl Location: wayne county on Oct 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM
    How much money did he get?? any other time it would have been posted...I'm not saying give him the death penalty but I can't help to think if it could have been me or someone's granny...granny probably would have had a heart attack....he is not a good kid...he went from stealing, selling, and pawning to "ROBBERY." smh if it had been a brother...
  • by anonymous Location: mount olive on May 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM
    I heard he wrote or is writing a book about his life and the change he has gown through or something I would for sure buy it he is a great guy who made a mistake in his past it good to see some people learn and make it out better.
      by wayne county gurl on Oct 9, 2011 at 11:33 PM in reply to anonymous
      writing a book....!!?? about robbing ANDY'S...?? about how good of a home he come from and yet he still chose to become a career criminal?? smh and he will probably make his own tv show too, most yall do.
  • by girl Location: goldsboro on May 12, 2011 at 03:43 PM
    HE is out thank God!!!!!!
  • by Anonymous on May 7, 2011 at 11:07 PM
    I wouldn't assume that he's robbed other places...I mean that's a pretty big accusation. Would you like it if people were up here talking about how bad of a person you are?!
      by Exlert on May 8, 2011 at 08:34 AM in reply to
      People wouldn't be talking about me because I wouldn't do something this stupid!!!
  • by Expert on May 2, 2011 at 03:13 PM
    I guess he will learn from his decsions now..... While in jail!!!
  • by Expert on May 2, 2011 at 03:10 PM
    Yes we all make bad decisions from time to time. MOST of the time we learn from the first bad decision but when you do it multiple times (oh and with a gun) that doesn't make you a good person. You did it again cause you thought you got away with it. Guess what you didn't!!!! I would also be willing to bet that he has stolen many more times then just these two.
      by jennifer on May 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM in reply to Expert
      yea thats why he is out good call !!!
  • by This Comment on May 1, 2011 at 08:33 AM
    This COMMENT has been deleted By Intolerant Jerks.
  • by Anonymous Location: Goldsboro on Apr 29, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    It doesn't matter if it was a BB Gun or a 45 - the law and the punishment is the same. Unfortunately, Jeremy made a life altering decision and I now pray that he turns his life down a better path and return to the Jeremy that I use to know -- one that doesn't use drugs or drink
  • by Anonymous on Apr 29, 2011 at 08:15 AM
    i wish he didnt do this but we cant go back in change time. all we can do is leaarn from our mistakes and keep going.
  • by Toni on Apr 28, 2011 at 07:54 PM
    I must say that I still love Jeremy, regardless of what he has done; and I still think he is a good kid. He made bad decisions; and he will be punished accordingly. His punishment will not be doled out by me, his family, nor any of you; he will receive his sentence in a court of law. Jeremy knows what he did was wrong, so we should be lifting him up not tearing him down more. I will be praying for him, his family, his fiancee, and the victims.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120779959 - witn.com/a?a=120779959