Flu Season Not Slowing Down

The flu season this year has already been a deadly one for fourteen people in our state, three of them have died just this past week. And it's the reason local doctors are pushing the importance of getting a flu shot.

Physicians in Greenville say they've seen more patients this flu season compared to last year. Doctors warn that at the first sign of symptoms it's important to get checked out so they can prescribe anti-viral medication.

Doctors say the main symptoms for flu are a fever, body aches, nausea, and possibly other cold symptoms.

State health officials say in typical years, flu activity will last through the month of March into April.

• by not sick Location: greenville on Feb 19, 2011 at 09:35 AM
    I got the latest version of the flu shot. No one else in my office got it, they were all sick I however have been healthy all winter.
  • by me on Feb 19, 2011 at 07:33 AM
    To Anonymous (the nurse). I work in a doctors office and so far everyone that has NOT had flu shot has gotten the flu type A or B. We have only had one case in a person getting the flu that had the flu shot. People need to know that the flu shot that you are getting is a dead virus (cant get the flu from a dead virus), it takes 2 weeks after getting the shot before the it protects you. Also, the flu shot protects you from the strains past. Every year there is a new strain.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 19, 2011 at 06:23 AM
    I would like to see some studies done on the flu shots and the people who actually get the flu,does anyone know where you can find this information, I'm a nurse and from what I have been seeing the ones who get the flu shot get the flu later in the season and the ones who don't, get a milder cold. Any replies to this would be great doctors of the ER or lab techs that know if the patients who swabbed positive had a shot or not. THanks
  • by Anonymous on Feb 19, 2011 at 05:20 AM
    Why would any one want to weaken their immune system by getting this shot, especailly if the flu season is so hard. Seems you would want to build your immune system not weaken, like is suggest here.
  • by flu shots on Feb 18, 2011 at 05:43 PM
    we had an appt to get flu shots, a week in advance, and they ran out of flu shots an hour before the appt. seems to me, if they were so stingy about making the appts so far in advance they would know if they had enough shots for their scheduled appts. they didnt even try to make it right, just told us to call back in a week or two. hope we dont get the flu!
  • by Hobbie Cat on Feb 18, 2011 at 05:20 PM
    I'm not taking anything the GOV says to take. That's what's wrong with our children, all this crap shots they are getting.
  • by Rusty Shackelford on Feb 18, 2011 at 04:52 PM
    What? we had a flu season this year?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116509788 - witn.com/a?a=116509788