Fire Under Investigation In Plymouth

The investigation into a Sunday night fire in Plymouth is now under investigation by the Plymouth Police Department and the State Bureau of Investigation.

Fire crews say a structure fire on Park Ave. in Plymouth in Washington County brought firefighters out late Sunday night. Crews at the fire department in Roper told WITN, crews started clearing the scene around 12:15 a.m. Monday.

The SBI is expected at the scene around 11:30 a.m. Monday to help with the investigation.

The Plymouth Police Department said no one has lived at the residence since December 2010 and that the owner of the house still had some personal items in the home.

• by anonymous on Mar 10, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    I'm not saying that what was done is right by any means but this house was in fowl condition. Really it was deemed unfit to live in even before the owners moved out. Hope that this stream of incidences doesn't continue to happen and I do hope that who ever is doing this will be caught and justice served.
  • by Anonymous Location: Plymouth on Mar 1, 2011 at 01:14 PM
    I did not think you could purchase a home and have a mortgage without home owners insurance. AND, if the insurance lapsed, I thought the mortgage lender would be notified?
  • by concern citizen on Mar 1, 2011 at 05:21 AM
    if my house would catch on fire i hope they dont send the police departmet to check it out before they page out the fire dept.
  • by Eugene Location: pottsville,pa/plymouth, pa on Feb 28, 2011 at 05:12 PM
    Yes me n my family was planing to repair kitchen floor n make it our seasonal home yes i am the owner we still had items there witch wasn't cheap and we have no house insurance. when it rain's it pours but we as family are defisted and I hope they catch the person that did this cause ill be first in line to file charges
  • by worried citizen Location: plymouth nc on Feb 28, 2011 at 03:42 PM
    I PRAY THAT WE DON'T HAVE AN ARSONIST IN WASHINGTON COUNTY. BUT IF THE ARSONIST HAS MOVED FROM BEAUFORT COUNTY TO WASHINGTON COUNTY I PRAY WHO EVER IT IS, IS CAUGHT AND PUT AWAY. WHY BURN EMPTY HOUSES WHEN THE HOUSES CAN BE RENTED FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE IN. IF IT IS AN ARSONIST I PRAY THEY ARE CAUGHT.
  • by edna Location: pinetown on Feb 28, 2011 at 09:21 AM
    Has the Beaufort County Arsonist moved on to Washington County? I hope they get caught real soon and get exactly what they deserve!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117048488 - witn.com/a?a=117048488