Fire Destroys Home, Family Of Six Now Homeless

A fire ripped through a mobile home in Pitt County Friday morning, leaving a family of six homeless.

Three fire departments were called out to the home on Austin Lane in the Sweet Gum Meadow Mobile Home Park in Belvoir.

Officials say the home is a total loss. Most of the family’s belongings inside were destroyed. Luckily no one was home at the time of the fire. The family did not have renter’s insurance. The Red Cross was called out to help the family.

No word yet on the cause of the fire.

• by sandy Location: Farmville on Apr 3, 2011 at 10:16 PM
    Salvation Army will help, only a LITTLE. uSUALLY EACH FAMILY MEMBER GETS TO PICK OUT 3-4 OUTFITS, ONE CUP, PLATE, BOWL, KNIFE, FORK AND SPOON- EACH. Summer is almost here- should they pick shorts or jeans? Hopefully the school will help with uniforms. They'll probable get a small gift card for Walmart. This is what I know from when a friend got Salvation Armys help after their home was destroyed.
  • by Allison on Apr 3, 2011 at 09:39 PM
    Everyone asking about how to help...maybe you can contact the red cross for details on how to help!? Just a thought!
  • by melinda Location: greenville on Apr 3, 2011 at 05:54 PM
    I'm a mother of 6 and i would go crazy if i came home and the place my children call home was no longer there.and your right Social Service,Salvation Army can't replace what the family has lost buy Salvation Army will help with cloths and food& Social Social Service only cares about how much money you have and nothing elas.I would like to help this family if i can .I dont know the ages of ther childern or if thay are boy or girls.But i have 5 boys ages 15'10,8,twins that are 3 a little girl that is 4.So if you know how i can find this family please let me know at 6ninos@gmail.com please tell me your name and phone number if you don't tell this two things i will not respond.
  • by tasha Location: jacksonville on Apr 3, 2011 at 05:26 PM
    It does matter if it was a 3,000 dollar home or 300,000 dollar home it was there home you are a major jerk and don't forget what goes comes back around, you never know what the next day brings I hope no one helps you out jerk.
  • by Anon Location: Greenville on Apr 3, 2011 at 04:00 PM
    The Red Cross, Social Services, Salvation Army, etc. can't begin to replace what this family has lost. Get off your "DUFF" and volunteer with the Red Cross. Go to just one "fire response". See if you still feel the same way after being there! I did!!!!!
  • by we Location: bath on Apr 3, 2011 at 09:50 AM
    just think that could be you or one of your childrenwith your grandchildren with no where to go would you like all the rude comments?
  • by kim Location: beaufort on Apr 3, 2011 at 09:05 AM
    to ME2 and ANONYMOUS.......nice caring comments to share....a '$3000 trailer' may not be much to some people but this was their home and now everything they own is destroyed...i do not know this people or the financial situation but i still FEEL for them.how would you feel to go to work,church,etc...and come home to nothing.and social services can not replace your home for you in anyplace in nc that i am aware of....have a little bit of a heart and show sympathy even if it's is just a prayer for them.There is a little pink car in the yard so they obviously have children......and children are innocent regardless of who their parents are or what they LIVE in....
      by ME2 on Apr 3, 2011 at 06:40 PM in reply to kim
      It was nt their home.They rented it.BTW I would have a heart if I knew I was wrong about my comment.
  • by Me2 on Apr 3, 2011 at 08:08 AM
    No worries.Social Service will still take care of them
  • by Anonymous on Apr 3, 2011 at 07:22 AM
    im sure we can all come together with $3,000 for a "new" used trailer
      by shack on Apr 4, 2011 at 12:01 PM in reply to
      A family has lost their home and all you have to say is that I don't know why witn put your post up here. if it was a 3,000 dollar home it was thiers renting or not..........................
  • by ME Location: NC on Apr 3, 2011 at 07:15 AM
    Thats why we have red cross

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119126219 - witn.com/a?a=119126219