Fire Destroys Home

A home in Pamlico County was destroyed after a fire early Saturday morning.

According to fire officials they were called out to a home on 5th Street in Bayboro around 4:45 a.m.

Officials say the fire began in a bedroom and was electrical.

They say no one was injured from the blaze. The home is a total loss.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by tinderbox homes Location: everywhere on Jan 15, 2011 at 05:27 PM
    Was freaking out yesterday when I smelled the unique odor of an electrical short. When my old refrigerator made a strange noise, finally got it figured out. Use good sense and get some cheap smoke alarms if you don't have any. I buy two new ones every few years. Have five in my home currently with two fire extinguishers. The smoke is what gets you first if you are asleep.
  • by What Is A Home? on Jan 15, 2011 at 04:10 PM
    OK, we'd all consider a mobile home a "home". But what if I lived in a shed behind someone's house. If I lived there for several years, wouldn't that be called "my home"? Jewel and her mom lived in a van for a while...is that a home?
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 113823194 - witn.com/a?a=113823194
Gray Television, Inc.