Fire Damages Family's Home

A family of five is forced to leave their home in Greenville after a fire broke out Sunday afternoon.

Fire officials say they were called to the home located at 431 West 3rd Street around 2:30 p.m.

They say the fire began in a bedroom in the middle of the house. They are still investigating, but believe the flames broke out near a space heater.

There is heavy smoke and water damage.

The family and firefighters were not injured, but officials say a neighbor received minor injuries while trying to help get the family out.

The red cross is now helping the family.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Certain Hope Ministries Location: Greenville on Feb 8, 2011 at 05:49 PM
    Certain Hope Ministries is reaching out to help the Warren Family. Please click on this link for more info: http://connect2covenant.com/go/?p=1137
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 115444444 - witn.com/a?a=115444444
Gray Television, Inc.