Fire At Chicken Processing Plant

Fire officials were called out to a fire at a chicken processing plant in Duplin county Saturday afternoon.

According to officials some workers were welding inthe back of the House of Raeford plant in Rose Hill when sparks caught some insulation on fire.

Firefighters with the Magnolia Fire Department responded and helped the worker to extinguish the fire.

Firefighters say there was minimal damage done to the building and no one was injured in the blaze.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by laura Location: greenville on Jul 10, 2011 at 04:44 PM
    No one was injured, but it smelled like a KFC two counties out.
  • by Paula Location: Greenville on Jul 10, 2011 at 01:59 PM
    Im so glad no one got hurt however people tend to think its funny however if you grew up in Duplin county you would know this is alot of peoples jobs that could be at loss wich are probably a good percentage of Duplin county
  • by granny Location: greenville on Jul 10, 2011 at 04:56 AM
    Sunday Lunch!
  • by Stir Fry on Jul 10, 2011 at 02:53 AM
    Fried Chicken !
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 125272319 - witn.com/a?a=125272319
Gray Television, Inc.