When Hogs Attack! Feral Hogs Dig Up Neighborhood

Feral hogs are digging up the lawns and flowerbeds in Elizabeth City, and it's not the first time.

The target of the feral hogs' affection: Rosedale Drive. Neighbors say the hogs have hit the neighborhood twice in the past five months, digging up their lawns and flowerbeds with the force of a tractor. Neighbors say they're extremely upset and in some cases the hogs could be causing thousands of dollars in damage.

Police Chief Charles Crudup says officers shot and killed 12 hogs last year, which seemed to scare the rest away, but they've started returning.

Neighbors think they're coming from Camden County and that they're attracted to the almond trees on the street.

• by Anonymous on Feb 23, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    atwork: LOL (sorry Neo missed the joke there... he seems overly defensive) That was very funny though... and SO true.
  • by anon Location: gville on Feb 23, 2011 at 08:12 AM
    If this was your yard the hogs were tearing up, you'd want the story featured on every news source. The city is not doing anything to help these people and they cannot just go out and shoot the hogs because they are in the city limits and therefore it is against the law to use firearms.
  • by cj on Feb 23, 2011 at 07:14 AM
    shoot them. why is this a story?
  • by Anonymous on Feb 22, 2011 at 07:55 PM
    Watch out for feral gerbils ......they are mean little critters
  • by Pig Killa on Feb 22, 2011 at 06:09 PM
    Ohhh I so wish I could get my hands on a few of those pigs! I love feral hog hunting, anyone need me to come clear out the neighborhood?
  • by BLAHammed Location: mimi pIrate sty on Feb 22, 2011 at 04:55 PM
    When I was a kid me and my 4 siblings had a pet pig named mimi.My dad was not politically correct so it was kept in a pin.And pIrate these things can kill.Just like the pIrates did today but with a lot more pain.These things can be worst than a pack of wolfs.
  • by mimi Location: bell arthur on Feb 22, 2011 at 04:38 PM
    pIRATE- Yes, they attacked and maimed my grandmother and they molested my parents' dog. Thanks for bringing that up.
  • by pIRATE Location: Greenville on Feb 22, 2011 at 03:29 PM
    Have they actually attacked someone??
  • by mimi Location: bell arthur on Feb 22, 2011 at 03:14 PM
    This is about wild hogs tearing up people's yards and it has nothing to do with your political rhetoric.
  • by Neo Location: Reality on Feb 22, 2011 at 02:45 PM
    TO: "to Neo" of Feb 22 at 3:59PM, you neo haters really make it confusing when you start the "to Neo" asinine nonsense! PICK A NAME!!! I need to be able to tell one turd from another! I can't keep all of them straight. Besides, I wasn't talking about any hogs. But, since you brought up the hogs. If you were out enjoying your yard, working in the flower beds, getting everything ready for the spring, and ran across something one of those hogs dropped a few minutes before, you would really wish there were no hogs in your area of the state. But, if you looked up and that hog was 20 feet away from you at a full trot getting ready to bite your arm off, you wouldn't care if the hunters had shot every last one of them the day before. And... you'd be dropping something of your own and I'm not just talking about your spade.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116586688 - witn.com/a?a=116586688