FedEx Pot Shipment Lands Williamston Man In Jail

A FedEx shipment that was intercepted by Martin County lawmen netted them 7.5 pounds of marijuana and a suspected drug dealer behind bars.

On Wednesday FedEx delivered the package to 116 West Grace Street in Williamston. The Martin County Narcotics Unit then arrested Antonio Laughinghouse after they say he retrieved the package and went inside the home.

The 35-year-old Laughinghouse was charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sale or deliver marijuana, maintaining a dwelling or vehicle to keep or store controlled substances, and
manufacture, sale, deliver or possess controlled substances within 1000 feet of a school.

He has a July 13th court date and is jailed on a $100,000 bond. Deputies say the marijuana is worth $8,000 on the street.

• by JusticeForAll on Jun 12, 2011 at 08:37 PM
    Meanwhile, in Afghanistan, our Defense Department is paying contractors like Halliburton and Dyncorp to fly the opium to Russia, Europe, and Asia, that the USMC is helping the locals to grow... Drugs are bad, m-kay... But only if it's NOT the government that is pushing them...
  • by Lindsay Location: Williamston on Jun 11, 2011 at 03:33 PM
    How dumb can you be? Dont people know that ups and fedx SEARCH packages?! omg!!!!Thats wat weed does to ya...frys your brain cells...I feel bad for him tho...cops could have busted him before he got the package so he wouldnt miss it
  • by Katie Ann Location: Jamesville N.C. on Jun 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    I wonder where did the drugs come from? State? and will they be able to find out and arrest the person that sent it?
      by donna leggett on Jun 17, 2011 at 06:19 AM in reply to Katie Ann
      that's the same thing I was wondering. everyone involved should be arrested.unless it was dropped off to a fedex box or something.I'm just curious too katie
      by Makayla on Jul 7, 2011 at 04:02 PM in reply to Katie Ann
      Its not like it was the FedEx mans fault he was only doing his job...i mean since when do you get into trouble for doing what your job is????...and i agree with both of yall!!!
  • by anon Location: here on Jun 9, 2011 at 03:48 PM
    It probably cost more to fedex that package than the drugs were worth.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 9, 2011 at 06:44 AM
    the takes care of those kids by herself and does a good job!!!and whoever would think that she would put her kids and hereself in that situtation is a fool. she is a very good mother that works everyday!
  • by Naw on Jun 9, 2011 at 01:11 AM
    The family talks and gossips about everybody else if it wasn't on the news they would have kept it on the low...sad part about it he's not even a drug dealer he's a drug user who let his cousin and friends use him. This ain't the first time he just got caught this time...smdh
      by Larry on Jun 9, 2011 at 06:12 AM in reply to Naw
      So I guess your family are all saints and never gossiped about anybody. What is the purpose of you even saying anything about the family anyhow? Trust me if this wasn't in the news it would not have been kept on the low. People like you would of been nosy enough to find out.
        by ???? on Jun 9, 2011 at 09:00 AM in reply to Larry
        The purpose of me saying anything is because it's my opinion....thanks and for the record I'm not nosey sweetie he was just dumb!
          by Larry on Jun 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM in reply to ????
          Weill if that is the case then make your opinion (which you did) on him and not his family. I guess you fail to realize that it is his family that has to deal with this situation. Yet you want to talk about how his family gossips which in my opinion is not even relevant to what is going on. And for the record you are a little nosey if you know that his famliy talks and gossips. Just by saying in your comment about them being talkers and gossipers only proves that you are too!
          by Anonymous on Jun 10, 2011 at 01:34 AM in reply to ????
          I could careless about what his family has to deal with. If he was thinking about his family then I guess he wouldn't have accepted drugs where he lives. My opinion is my opinion if you don't like then tell him to stay out of the news which is where I seen it at. Does your spell check work? Maybe u should use it and once again they are nosey and who cares if you don't like it.
          by Spell Check on Jun 10, 2011 at 10:41 AM in reply to ????
          I don't have a dog in this fight but if you are going to comment on someones spelling then I suggets you learn how to use words correctly. The phrase should be "I could care less" not I could "careless". See the difference?
        by Spell Check on Jun 10, 2011 at 10:43 AM in reply to Larry
        Also it should be "were I saw it" and not "were I seen it". Wow I can't believe you called this guy out about spell check! smh!
      by Larry on Jun 10, 2011 at 10:49 AM in reply to Naw
      Please tell me you did not comment about spell check when you use words wrong in your post. Careless.....Should be care less and "were I seen" should be "were I saw". You had the nerve to call him dumb! Wow!
        by Learn to Spell on Jun 11, 2011 at 07:41 AM in reply to Larry
        LOL yall are crazy should be WHERE not were so how can you put someone down if you can't spell either??? Think about it...
  • by ???? on Jun 9, 2011 at 01:05 AM
    The article doesn't say anything about a wife and kids and if he was so concerned about them then why would he accept drugs where his family lives. And undercover agents didn't send it to him because obviously he's been doing it he just got caught.
  • by Duh Location: Washington on Jun 8, 2011 at 09:00 PM
    When it absolutely, positively has to get there overnight...
  • by Cornfed Fred Location: your back yard on Jun 8, 2011 at 08:39 PM
    Legalize it, you can't stop it. Prohibition has done nothing but put non violent people behind bars. Weed was LEGAL in the US until the prohibition in the early 30's. The US government has since used propaganda to make people think Marijuana will drive you MAD.What a joke.You have NEVER seen anyone rob a store cause they wanted to light up or hold up a Mickey D's because they had the munchies and wanted a happy meal.
  • by Really?? on Jun 8, 2011 at 08:10 PM
    I just saw this story on the news...lol...I am sitting in my chair laughing at this fool! Using CD's to distract the x-ray sensor??? Dumb!!
      by Larry on Jun 9, 2011 at 06:16 AM in reply to Really??
      What story did you read? There is nothing in this story about any cd's. You need to learn how to comprehend what you read.
        by Big'un on Jun 9, 2011 at 08:24 AM in reply to Larry
        He said he saw it on the news. He didn't say he read it here. The tv story was a little different than what is on this site.
          by Larry on Jun 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM in reply to Big'un
          My mistake!
        by Anonymous on Jun 10, 2011 at 01:38 AM in reply to Larry
        I guess you couldn't comprehend what you read.....

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123488949 - witn.com/a?a=123488949