Father Who Allegedly Shot Son To Make Court Appearance

A father who allegedly shot his own son is scheduled to appear in a Pitt County courtroom Thursday.

Lawmen say Billy Ray Tyson Sr. shot his son, 20-year-old Billy Racel Tyson three times June 4. Tyson Sr. was found at his mother's home in Farmville on Chinquapin Rd. the next evening.

Tyson's injuries were non-life threatening.

Previous Story:

A father who deputies say shot his son three times Saturday afternoon in Pitt County is now in jail.

A spokeswoman with the Pitt county sheriff's office says Billy Ray Tyson, Sr. was found at his mother's home in Farmville on Chinquapin Rd. around 7:30 p.m. Sunday night.

Officials say that is the same place where Tyson allegedly shot his son three times and then took off Saturday morning.

Hospital deputies say injuries to Billy Racel Tyson, 20, are non-life threatening.

Tyson, Sr. is charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury with intent to kill. He is in jail under a $500,000 dollar bond.

Previous Story:

Pitt county deputies are looking for a man after they say he shot his son Saturday morning.

Pitt county sheriff's office spokeswoman Christy Wallace says deputies got the call about the shooting in Farmville on Chinquapin Rd. around 10:15 a.m.

Wallace says Billy Ray Tyson, Sr. shot his son Billy Racel Tyson, Jr. She says Tyson was transported to Pitt County Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Wallace says an initial investigation shows Tyson, Jr. was shot three times.

Deputies are now searching for Tyson, Sr. and continue to investigate.

• by James Tiberius Location: Greenville on Jun 6, 2011 at 06:23 PM
    How many times have you heard a parent say "I brought you into this world I can take you out" I guess he meant it.
  • by Gray on Jun 6, 2011 at 06:12 PM
    I bet family reunion this year is gonna be terrible. I'm just saying!!!!
  • by Tish Location: Farmville on Jun 6, 2011 at 02:37 PM
    Every1 talkin about the father shootin the son what if it was the other way around, what would the comments be then, think about kids who have kill their parents, Oh i know cause they are problem kids, & what about parents who have kill kids who have did nothing but been born Look at CASEY ANTHONY case who kill that beautiful little girl 4 what...so it's no tellin what anybody will do 1 minute to the next,you can make all the comments in the world but u never know how u will handle a situation unless it happen 2 you,because alot of time a person just can't walk away that easy...
      by anonomous on Jun 16, 2011 at 09:48 AM in reply to Tish
      Bill Cosby calls the language you use, "Yuck Mouth". My guess is he would pay for you to go to school, especially an English class. Your point is taken, but horrible Grammar.
  • by Gregory Smith Location: Fort Washington,MD on Jun 6, 2011 at 01:21 PM
    Sorry this has happend to some good people,I know them from way back.I've prayed about it!
  • by Sweetie on Jun 6, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    I knew the father when he was saved and going to church every Sunday with his wife and family and for me It't hard to belive that the he has done a 180 like this i guess family makes a big difference and as far as the boy..he needs to be hosed down and whipped with three swtiches braided together not shot i'm just saying
  • by bs on Jun 6, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    both of them have been locked up several times, more up standing citizens
  • by Sam Location: Kitty Hawk on Jun 6, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    Maybe he thought he was about to get attacked by a black bear LOL.
  • by mom Location: the pitt on Jun 6, 2011 at 07:44 AM
    Heard this "kid" just got out of jail on a $100,000 dollar bond for robbery and that he was threatening the father with a brick. Sounds like self defense to me.
  • by who does that Location: Greenville NC on Jun 6, 2011 at 06:54 AM
    Wow, I would protect myself by calling the police. Not trying to kill my child. the whole situation was handled wrong no matter what.
      by Data Man on Jun 6, 2011 at 10:07 AM in reply to who does that
      You have to be white making a comment like that! Any child that rises up against their parent is asking for trouble! If he will harm is dad; what do you think he will do too you!?
        by Im White on Jun 6, 2011 at 01:34 PM in reply to Data Man
        And really I wouldn't call the cops,but I probly would shoot to pretect my self. Really though, He had a brick... One shot would have worked then call the ambulance and hope like H*** you got a witness. You only shoot more than once to ELIMINATE a threat AKA Death!
  • by NC Resident Location: NC on Jun 6, 2011 at 06:28 AM
    What a nice Role Model...??? geeze???

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123160668 - witn.com/a?a=123160668