UPDATE: Fatal Wreck In Martin County

The Highway Patrol says one person is dead after an accident in Martin County, near Oak City.

James Layton Boyette, 27, of Hobgood was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on Highway 111 near Old Cotton Rd., a mile south of Oak City, according to the Highway Patrol. The accident happened about two miles away from Boyette's home.

The crash was reported at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. Troopers say Boyette was thrown from his SUV after it flipped, and he was not wearing a seat belt. According to the Highway Patrol, Boyette drove off the road to the left, overcorrected and drove off the road to the right. Troopers say he then hit a ditch and some trees.

Officials determined Boyette was driving between 65 and 75 mph in a 55 mph zone. Troopers say an autopsy is pending.

• by Anonymous on Feb 14, 2012 at 06:56 PM
    he had his share of troubles and problems...but i can say.. LAYTON WANTED TO GET BETTER!! he loved everyone
      by Anonymous on Feb 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM in reply to
      He had problems!
  • by unknown Location: unknown on Feb 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    I would like to say to the Walston girls and mother you say your family,when have you been there for the family. You have not been there,Layton, didn't even know you.You people need to get ask God to forgive you for what you have done to the family.The mother need to ask her sisters to forgive her for what she has done .I talk to her sisters at Carolyn house Wednesday and they told me what she had done to one of her sister,she need to do alot af praying. I hate to write this on here but I am a very good friend of both sisters, and you Walstons should be ashame of your self.I pray that God forgive all of you. Layton's family love's all of you but you don't love yourself's.And DRUGS Michell, Tonya,you are so full of DRUGS,PLEASE PLEASE wake up and get clean.GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
      by to unknown on Feb 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM in reply to unknown
      keep your comments to yourself.
  • by Hobgood on Feb 9, 2012 at 04:12 PM
    Layton loved the outdoors and he was one of the best fishermen I've ever met. I spent countless times fishing with him. He'll truly be missed.
  • by Thomas Location: Fountain Crossroad on Feb 8, 2012 at 07:43 PM
    It is crazy to me to try to understand why people post so many negative comments when a family is grieving. Frankly if you don't have something comforting to say to the family during their time of bereavement, keep your thoughts to yourself. Family members do look at this website and don't need to hear your negative comments. To Clayton and the Boyette family you are in our thoughts and prayers.
      by Anonymous on Feb 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM in reply to Thomas
      Free speech buddy free speech
  • by Your Loving Cousin on Feb 8, 2012 at 07:26 PM
    Layton wasn't a prefect man. He had his share of problems just like the rest of the world. But he could be one of the most loving, caring, funniest people you could ever meet. He had a troubled heart that is true but that does not change the fact that he had heart of gold. He loved his family, friends and his children. I will miss my cousin dearly and my family and I appreciate all of the loving and positive comments. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. RIP Layton. I love you.
  • by SB Location: Tarboro on Feb 8, 2012 at 04:31 AM
    Everyone has the right to their opinion, but sometimes you need to think before you post. I seriously doubt the posters of the hurtful comments would be so willing to say these things to the face of his family. Everyone needs to remember he was a son, grandson, brother, boyfriend, and daddy! He was obviously loved by many. Prayers to his family.
  • by Erica on Feb 7, 2012 at 07:38 PM
    Instead of speculating and putting your (NOT NEEDED) two cents in, how about take that time and PRAY for everyone in Layton's life. May God be with the Boyettes, Ashley, and those two beautiful babies!
  • by Tammy & Kevin Location: Tarboro on Feb 7, 2012 at 07:11 PM
    PEOPLE ARE NASTY. THIS IS A SAD MOMENT FOR THE BOYETTE FAMILY AND PEOPLE THAT KNEW LAYTON. OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS ENTIRE FAMILY WE LOVED LAYTON HE WAS A REAL HUMAN BEING. THIS IS NOT ABOUT HIS PAST BUT WHAT HIS FAMILY IS GOING THROUGH NOW. WE ALL HAVE OUR ON ISSUES AND PAST THAT WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH EVERYDAY. LETS CELEBRATE HIS LIFE NOT HIS FAILURES AS WE ALL HAVE THEM. HIS SMILE WILL BE MISSED. WE HAVE GREAT AND FUN MEMORIES WITH LAYTON. LOVE YOU CLAYTON AND FAMILY
  • by Elizabeth on Feb 7, 2012 at 06:33 PM
    R.I.P James layton Boyette. To My cousin Ashley and the girls if you need anything i'm always here for yall. I love yall very much and you will be in my prayers.
  • by Michelle Location: Goldsboro on Feb 7, 2012 at 06:10 PM
    This is a terrible time for all of us in this family, so PLEASE keep your nasty comments to yourself, everyone of us has made mistake in life but Layton was to young to leave this family. My heart goes out to Clayton, Connie, and Sissy, the GF and those sweet babies he left behind
      by Tonya on Feb 7, 2012 at 07:13 PM in reply to Michelle
      People needs to learn to show respect for a person and their family in a time like this. RIP Layton you are loved and missed. My deepest love goes out to Clayton, Connie, Sissy, Ashley, and those two beautiful girl...So sorry for the lost of such a young life.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138841149 - witn.com/a?a=138841149