Farmville Police Chief Injured In Saw Accident

The Farmville police chief is off duty for now after severing three fingers using a saw, according to a newspaper report.

Chief Donnie Greene lost parts of three of his fingers when he was using an undercut saw Oct. 8, according to the Daily Reflector. Surgeons were able to reattach the top of Greene's middle finger, the paper reported.

The paper says the accident happened when the saw hit a nail and jumped back onto Greene's left hand.

Greene hopes to return to light duty soon.

• by MUSTANGLVR Location: FARMVILLE on Oct 19, 2011 at 05:50 PM
    Best wishes, Chief, on a speedy recovery. The citizens of Farmville need you.
  • by One Question.... Location: Greenville on Oct 19, 2011 at 01:47 PM
    Why is this news?
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Oct 19, 2011 at 03:46 PM in reply to One Question....
      Perhaps because some people CARE? Perhaps as a safety reminder? Why did you even post?
  • by laura Location: greenville on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    Yikes...this makes my hand hurt. I've almost had the same thing happen while using a jam saw when I was putting down new floors- although it was the nail gun that finally got me. Such is the risk we DIY'ers take. Hope his hand heals quickly and he invents a cool story for the injury...bear wrestling maybe.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 19, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    GREAT JOB---Tell'm like it is!!
  • by ralphie Location: ahoskie on Oct 19, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    OUCH! I hop eyou found micro-surgeons fast.... OUCH. We cannot be TOO CAREFUL....
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Oct 19, 2011 at 09:51 AM
    I just hope he can recover some use of his hand again. It will take a long time to rehab. As for what some have said about being safe, I agree. However, I have hurt myself doing things I'm so good at, I took it for granted nothing unusual would happen. I've learned my lesson too, and always take precautions, even when it's something I've mastered. Best wishes to this man, and his family.
  • by jill on Oct 19, 2011 at 08:43 AM
    I worked for a sheet metal company and one of the employees was cutting a large piece of sheet metal on a very large cutter and cut all of his fingers off at one time because he had them in the wrong place when he pulled the lever down... God that was nasty.. I feel for this guy. Any hand injury is hard to recover from. God bless
  • by Big Bear Location: Greene Co on Oct 19, 2011 at 08:34 AM
    To Donnie Brother I hope you heal fast and get back to full duty soon. I am glad you did not get injured worse. God bless you and thank you for all you do!
  • by Samantha Location: Havelock on Oct 19, 2011 at 07:59 AM
    Just to reiterate the word accident. No matter how much you try to prevent something from happenening it may still take place.My son works for the City and cut off a finger tip on the third week of the job due to someone elses negligence. Accidents occur and we are all capable of making them. Just wish him lots of luck and say prayers for him.
  • by BAE Location: Farmville on Oct 19, 2011 at 06:35 AM
    To: Rogelio - "this dude" is one of the finest LEO's you will ever meet. To: Fred - NO it was not his trigger finger, fortunately it was his opposite hand. To: Check for nails - No, he did not know there was a nail in the wood. He has returned to work effective yesterday. The Citizens of Farmville are very glad to have him back and wish him a speedy recovery. God Bless you Chief Greene.
      by Anonymous on Oct 19, 2011 at 07:35 AM in reply to BAE
      Agreed. Glad to hear that he is back protecting the citizens in Farmville.
      by Anonymous on Oct 19, 2011 at 07:38 AM in reply to BAE
      Well said, I don't understand the rude comments people make on here.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 132123713 - witn.com/a?a=132123713