A family of six in the east is without a home after theirs caught fire late Thursday afternoon.
Fire officials say it started around 4:30 p.m. on the back deck of the home on Paige Lane in Pollocksville, Jones County.
The Schombacks, a family of six, lived at the house with their seven pets. The family and six pets made it out, but their bearded dragon was left inside in his cage. Firefighters say after the fire was put out and the house was determined a total loss, they found the bearded dragon that survived it all.
Fire marshal Timmy Pike says they hope to have the cause of the fire Friday after more investigation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.