Family Flees Home In Christmas Eve Blaze

A Kinston family lost most of their possessions after fire ripped through their home Christmas Eve.

Kinston Fire Department Commander Steven Martin says an electrical short caused the fire at 410 North Independence Street.

The fire started around noon on Saturday and Martin says it took four companies about a half hour to bring the blaze under control. Three rooms were damaged by the fire, while the entire house had smoke damage.

No one was hurt in the fire and the American Red Cross helped the family with lodging over the holiday.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Dawg on Dec 26, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    Prayers for this family. I am very thankful to hear that all the people are safe. Sorry to hear about your home.

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136225233 -
Gray Television, Inc.