FIRE CHIEF: Couple Loses Home In Fire, Likely Sparked From Electric Panel

Fire crews said it took 34 firefighters from three different departments to get a house fire under control Tuesday night.

Oak City Volunteer Fire Department Chief, Butch Beach, told WITN they got the call at 7:50PM Tuesday night to 5427 Hassell Road in Martin County.

Beach said crews saw flames shooting out of the attic of the home.

A couple escaped from the house, though Beach said the home is a total loss.

Chief Beach said the homeowner said he heard a loud boom and went outside to find his electric panel in the furnace room, behind the garage, on fire. That is when Beach said the homeowners called for help.

The fire remains under investigation.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 195543171 -
Gray Television, Inc.