Heat Advisory Monday

By: WITN Weather
By: WITN Weather

Excessive heat will continue across eastern North Carolina into Monday. Highs will be into the low and mid 90s Monday. Heat indices will be in the range of 100 to 105 degrees and possibly up to 108 degrees.

A Heat advisory is in effect for Martin, Pitt, Washington, Tyrrell, Mainland Dare, Greene, Beaufort, Mainland Hyde, Duplin, Lenoir, Jones, Craven, Pamlico, Carteret, Onslow, and Outer Banks Dare counties from 11:00 am until 8:00 pm Monday.

There is an increased chance for showers and thunderstorms Monday which could break the heat for some locations.

Although the intense heat will back off for the early part of the week, it appears we'll see temperatures around 100 degrees for the late week time period into next weekend.

• by ncyankee Location: goldsboro on Jul 25, 2011 at 09:30 AM
    during this time PLEASE CHECK ON THE ELDERY, AND ANIMALS, AND FOR HEAVENS SAKE, DO LEAVE PETS AND CHILDREN IN CARS....
  • by Antoinette W Location: Douglasville on Jul 25, 2011 at 08:24 AM
    Thank you for the information. I travel to Greenville often and I do research weather conditions. The newscast is necessary because many of the elderly watch the news on tv instead of reading it on the internet. They can make an educated decision and exercise other boarding options such as traveling to a relatives home who has central air or staying in a hotel until weather conditions are more suitable. Keep up the good work WITN.
  • by clint on Jul 25, 2011 at 07:57 AM
    It's so hot that when I went to take my shower I found that the old lady had used up "ALL" the cold water!
  • by Sam Location: Kitty Hawk on Jul 25, 2011 at 06:57 AM
    It was real hot at the beach this weekend, about as hot as it's been in a while. I'm waiting for it to cool off whenever it does. I know someone who is on a Bahamas cruise ship this week for their honeymoon, and he told me that it's about 90 for high temperatures down there, cooler than around here, quite amazing.
  • by DS1 on Jul 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    We know, it gets hot in in July and August. Why is this news?
  • by Wicked Witch of the West on Jul 24, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    I'm melting! I'm melting! aaaaaI'm mellttiinngnggggg
  • by 2:00 P.M. Update on Jul 24, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    It's still hot. *Stay tuned for more updates*
  • by Melting Location: Bath on Jul 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    I dont think continual heat indexes of over 115 are fun. even florida is cooler. im getting out of here as fast as i can pack. you all can enjoy this as its coming again next week. Hows your electric bill anyway? global frying is what this is. drive down the street abut 1 to 2pm you wont find a soul thats not in an ac car. not a good way to live. see you in a couple of months, gone fishin.
  • by wrong on Jul 24, 2011 at 12:23 AM
    wrong, gangs are in full force tonight!
  • by Craig Location: South Central on Jul 23, 2011 at 10:48 PM
    @Non fiction - Except that the gangs are in the news.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 126036413 - witn.com/a?a=126036413