Emergency Officials, DOT Monitoring Potential Storm

Law enforcement and emergency management in communities across the east are keeping a close eye on the weather this weekend and making storm preparations in case things get bad.

Police and EMS workers in Jacksonville are cautioning people now to prepare for the weekend and to be extra cautious on the roadways.

EMS Director Norman Bryson says they're watching for the potential for flooding, especially in the Brynn Marr area and low areas around the county.

The Department of Transportation says they are on standby for anything this system may bring over the weekend.

• by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Feb 18, 2012 at 03:44 PM
    Folks, I understand your response to what you think may be an 'over-hyped' weather alert, but I think it's mostly about the pooling of water from fast-drenching rains on the road sides that have emergency personnel on the wary. If you have all-wheel drive, slow down, and practice good driving techniques, you're probably okay. There are many young, inexperienced drivers out there too, coming home from jobs or dates, and lots of parents want to know what's up. In other words, have a safe weekend, but be prepared.
  • by anonna Location: kinston on Feb 18, 2012 at 08:55 AM
    seems not much else to report on in this area except crime,animal abuse and the occasional storm.
  • by cool chick Location: chocowinity on Feb 17, 2012 at 08:54 PM
    Good one Carl
  • by Kidding me on Feb 17, 2012 at 05:49 PM
    Its going to snow two weeks from now. Let's close school systems and Camp Lejeune NOW! The storm hasn't hit but it's going to be a state of emergency. Give me a break.
      by They should close on Feb 17, 2012 at 07:19 PM in reply to Kidding me
      Camp Lejune permanently.
      by Dawg on Feb 18, 2012 at 04:56 AM in reply to Kidding me
      No they have to wait until the first flake falls then they will all panic declare an emergency and shut everything down.
  • by Carl Kolchack Location: Pitt County on Feb 17, 2012 at 05:41 PM
    I can't loose power this weekend! The next episode of The Walking Dead comes on Sunday!
      by You're a moron on Feb 17, 2012 at 07:18 PM in reply to Carl Kolchack
      seriously....
        by More On on Feb 17, 2012 at 08:41 PM in reply to You're a moron
        Carl tries to make light of a story (adding humor to our lives) and you insult him by calling him a derogatory name. Which post do I like the best? (think about it)
        by Carl Kolchack on Feb 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM in reply to You're a moron
        Obviously you're one of the low brow crowd who doesn't watch The Walking Dead...
      by Jennifer on Feb 18, 2012 at 08:14 AM in reply to Carl Kolchack
      in reply to Carl... I bought a generator this summer anxious to try it out

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139554618 - witn.com/a?a=139554618