An electric lineman is in a Norfolk hospital after being shocked while on the job Wednesday in Bertie County.
Company officials say Chad Simmons was seriously injured when he came in contact with a live wire around noon. Simmons, who works for Roanoke Electric Cooperative of Ahoskie, was in a bucket truck in the Aulander area when the accident happened, according to cooperative vice president Marshall Cherry.
Simmons, who is in his mid-20's, has been with the company for the past five years. The accident remains under investigation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.