CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Elderly Woman Victim Of Scam

Deputies say an elderly Wayne County woman had a large amount of cash stolen from her home and they need your help in finding the men responsible.

The 86-year-old woman said three men came to her home last Monday. One came to her door and said he was opening a vinyl shop and wanted to show her some samples. He told her "You look like a nice Christian woman." The victim let the man and another inside.

Deputies say as one man held up a piece of vinyl, the third man snuck in the home and stole a brief case with the cash.

Pictures from a surveillance camera were released in an attempt to identify the men. To view the photos, click the PHOTOS tab at the top of the story. The men are believed to be driving a white 2005-2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab L/S pickup truck.

Anyone with information on this crime should call the Wayne County Sheriff's Office at 919-731-1497 or Wayne County Crimes Stoppers at 919-735-2255.

• by Big Boss P Location: S C on Apr 18, 2011 at 09:14 PM
    Many times thru-out my life something really bad would happen to me, at first I did the typical human thing, I made excuses, tried to blame someone else, even felt sorry for myself and asked why me. Then I would wake up, think straight and realize that it was just my turn to get it. It was a screwing I got for a screwing I gave. Chill out and think it out Darlin' what did you do sugar, you know, and He knows. Come on, you can tell me.
  • by Duncan Bishop Location: N C on Apr 18, 2011 at 08:54 PM
    Still thinking on this one. I had to ask myself, what would make me install cameras.Well, maybe at my place of business, depending on what type of business it was and did I have alot to loose. Did I have things that could be carried away easily. Well, lets move along, maybe I have a large and beautiful mansion with a lot of expensive stuff in it. All good reasons for installing cameras. But *NO* I'm a person who lives in PO Dunk North Carolina in a 30-40K House, areally cool rusty glider rocker on my porch and I would imagine 100's of dust covered ceramic nic-nacs stuffed on shelves thru-out my house and lets not forget the giant ceramic Rooster in the kitchen. Yeap, you better get yourself a high tech video system. Wouldn't wanna loose none of that cool stuff Darlin'. Come on people, wake up, only rich people, business owners and low rent crooks have this kind of stuff.
  • by Duncan Bishop Location: N.C. on Apr 17, 2011 at 09:49 AM
    Wonder why a lil ole lady would keep that kind of cash, maybe shes not scared of banks but the IRS. Maybe she launders money, maybe she in on some dope dealing and some local addicts new it. How would anybody else know what she had. Had to be an inside job. Better check family or people she dealt with. Maybe Grannys a crook herself. Maybe this is KARMA. Yeah, do wrong, get wronged. Might better check Granny.
  • by Joe on Apr 14, 2011 at 03:08 PM
    Not too late to notify police of the incident. When did it occur?
  • by Curious Location: Greenville on Apr 14, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    Anybody know why the woman had a surveillance camera???
      by Anonymous on Apr 15, 2011 at 06:23 AM in reply to Curious
      To video tape people stealing her stuff.
  • by to greenville mom Location: gville on Apr 14, 2011 at 09:17 AM
    Not all family members no everything.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 14, 2011 at 07:43 AM
    It happens. People steal them from one grave and put them on another. We started putting our name on the bottom of the flowers so if we see some that are simular we can be sure they are ours.
  • by Just saying>>>. Location: Everywhere on Apr 14, 2011 at 05:10 AM
    Wonder if the Champs from Roper had anything to do with this..They always trying to scam somebody....
  • by Blessed Location: Deep Run, NC on Apr 14, 2011 at 05:05 AM
    Cool beans! Grandma has a camera!
      by kee on Apr 14, 2011 at 10:41 AM in reply to Blessed
      I agree. Grandma is not Crazy! I hope that they find who did this to her.
  • by dont worry Location: edgecombe co. on Apr 13, 2011 at 06:19 PM
    im pretty sure i know one of these flim flaming thieves. i havnt seen this person in a few years but have known for about 20. ive already called G.P.D. so hopefully justice will be served soon.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119782104 - witn.com/a?a=119782104