UPDATE: Elderly Couple Murdered In Pasquotank County

An arrest has been made for a double homicide in Elizabeth City.

Deputies say 28-year-old Christopher Wright, is charged with killing 83-year-old Robert Alexander and 86-year-old Carolyn Alexander. They were found dead Wednesday afternoon in a ditch along Wades Point Road, after their daughter called police saying she couldn't find them and things looked suspicious at their home on Johnson Road in Pasquotank County.

PREVIOUS STORY:
An elderly couple is dead and deputies say they have a suspect in custody.

Dead is Robert and Carolyn Alexander who lived on Johnson Road in Pasquotank County. The husband was 83 years old, while the wife was 86.

Deputies say the couple's daughter called 911 around 11:00 a.m. Wednesday concerned they she couldn't reach her parents by phone and later went to their home and found things that didn't look right. The couple's 1998 Ford Ranger pickup truck was missing.

Deputies found the couple's missing pickup truck about two hours later at another home and a person was taken into custody. The bodies were found around 3:20 p.m. in a ditch along Wades Point Road.

At this point deputies are not releasing the suspect's name.

• by Miranda Location: Greenville on Dec 20, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    I went to High School with him and were good friends until his choices made that impossible. I'm so sad for his family and still in shock that it even happened. What is this world coming to!
  • by firing squad of women with .22 rifles and rat shot on Dec 18, 2010 at 01:13 PM
    If people know they will face certain death for doing something like this, less of it is likely to happen. The scum that blew away Eve Carson, UNC Chapel Hill Student Body President, with a shotgun blast to her face got life in prison. She would have been in medical school now, about to become a physician.
  • by michelle on Dec 18, 2010 at 09:20 AM
    now im not big on killing people but this man need to be killed thats just dead wrong what he done. i reall yhave a soft spot for the elderly and the thought just overturn me cause this could have been my grandma. the violent is getting worst in north carolina, God Bless these Souls
  • by Pecan Trees on Dec 18, 2010 at 07:18 AM
    Pecan trees are too weak to support much weight. The branches will snap under any sizable load. I'd even go as far as saying anything over 150 lbs would be too heavy. Now...I have a few big oak trees in my yard that are unoccupied and could support 300-400 lbs.
  • by Melissa Location: ENC on Dec 18, 2010 at 07:02 AM
    He looks high in his mugshot. And I'd like nothing more than to wipe that smirk off of his face with a sandblaster.
  • by To capital punishment Location: ENC on Dec 18, 2010 at 06:25 AM
    I agree with you but if they would go ahead and carry out the punishment it would save the tax payers money but instead we have to watch his court appointed lawyer get it appiled for five or six years. I say tried and fried.
  • by Give Me Lip on Dec 18, 2010 at 02:26 AM
    Oh, Look! He has lip jewelry. A sure sign of class...lol
  • by V on Dec 18, 2010 at 01:41 AM
    Once again,I have a big pecan tree in my back yard.
  • by joe Location: morehead city on Dec 17, 2010 at 08:22 PM
    Looks like another real winner. Hope he rots in jail.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 17, 2010 at 07:37 PM
    I would imagine that if he is the grandson these people raised, they had cut him out of their lives because of his drug/alcohol habit or whatever. This was the only way for him to get whatever it was he wanted. Sadly there was an incident in Wilson County several years ago in which the same thing happened. Grandson killed grandparents that had raised him because they had stopped supplying him with money because of his lifestyle.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112004979 - witn.com/a?a=112004979