Eastern Carolina Businessman, Philanthropist Dies

Chairman and CFO of Minges Bottling, Thomas Minges, has died of an apparent heart attack.

Minges Bottling serves at least a portion of 14 Eastern Carolina counties. The Minges family, in some form or another, has been at the helm of the Pepsi distribution in this part of the state for nearly 70 years.

Tom Minges helped move the company into its new building in Pitt County 2003. He was 56 years old.

It was just last month that Tom Minges attended an event at Pitt Community College where Minges Bottling group announced a $250,000 donation to community college education over the next 5 years.

• by Anonymous on Jun 10, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    I have known Tom since high school. Although he came from a family with money, he never acted like he was better than anyone else. Even after he was grown he never acted like he was rich & famous. He & his family have done a lot for this community. He gave back to his community and he was a good man. Kay, my thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. Rest in peace Tom.
  • by Keith on Jun 10, 2011 at 09:37 AM
    Sorry to hear about his passing.
  • by Sandy on Jun 10, 2011 at 05:48 AM
    I'm glad I knew him and I am sad I'll never talk to him again. If any of us could be half the person he was, then we could walk proud.
  • by sad on Jun 10, 2011 at 03:48 AM
    Such a great, great man!
  • by Charles Overton Location: Greenville on Jun 9, 2011 at 09:18 PM
    So Very Sorry to hear about His Passing.Tom & I go way back.He was a very nice & Friendly person with a outgoing personality.Every time i saw him he would take the time to talk to me & My wife.He will Surely be missed in the community. The Community will be very lonely without him. The Minges family has done a lot for this area. Rest in peace Tom.We will miss you.
  • by john wesley linton Location: greenville, nc on Jun 9, 2011 at 09:03 PM
    Tom Minges was a good man, from a good family, and he made this world a better place for being in it! It is hard when someone dies too young, but I pray his family finds peace during this difficult time. I just spoke to him a few days ago and will always remember the laugh we shared as we parted company! Rest in peace!
  • by Anonymous on Jun 9, 2011 at 08:56 PM
    Kay & family, please know you are in my thoughts & prayers. I was shocked to hear this sad news. May God comfort you.
  • by Gail Location: Greenville on Jun 9, 2011 at 08:54 PM
    A quiet giant of support for our region, Tom never looked for recognition but was always there when you needed him. He will be missed by many. What a great man! Thank you to his family for sharing his time for Eastern North Carolina.
      by Nancy on Jun 10, 2011 at 08:56 AM in reply to Gail
      Agreed Gail. I can't say enough about the Minges family.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123593929 - witn.com/a?a=123593929