Early Bird Black Friday Shopping Times

Kohls: 12 a.m. Friday
Target: 12 a.m. Friday
Belks: 3 a.m. Friday
JCPenny: 4 a.m.
Sears: 4 a.m.

Jacksonville Mall Opening Early
Mall Hours: 5 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Greenville Mall Opening Early
Mall Hours: 5 a.m. - 10 p.m.

• by Ahoskie Belk's on Nov 25, 2011 at 09:07 AM
    As the doors opened at Belk's in Ahoskie, people piled out of cars and elbowed their way into the store ahead of those that patiently waited their turn in line. What goes around comes around...
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Nov 26, 2011 at 05:11 AM in reply to Ahoskie Belk's
      That's so rude. I have to say there is a large segment of today's population that has no clue what proper etiquette or good ethics are, because they were raised without such.
  • by Maria Location: Best Buy Jacksonville on Nov 25, 2011 at 06:36 AM
    We were number 15 in line at best buy Jacksonville, NC. We got there at 9 a.m. Thursday, but the first people been there a day earlier so we were very lucky. I was extremely impress with best buy emp because everthing stayed pretty calm when the door opened at 12a.m. We were in and out in 5 minutes.. SO happy with our 42" Sharp TV FOR $199.99 and Blueray player for $39.99.
  • by Chris Location: Greenville on Nov 25, 2011 at 05:00 AM
    Thanks for not posting Kmart's opening time. It might have helped me get the playstation 3 with no hassle. But Walmart in Greenville needed more organization inside the store and out in the parking lot. It was horrendous.
  • by John Location: Richlands on Nov 25, 2011 at 03:43 AM
    I hope someone can tell me why this is. It appears to me that those that complain the most about being broke some how suddenly come up with all kinds of money to spend. Just so they can save on what they don't have. They will stand in a food line and then stand in another line for huge savings. Were did they suddenly get the money to spend? May not make much since but think about it.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Nov 25, 2011 at 05:10 AM in reply to John
      My answer would be to blame it on advertising, commercials, and flyers. Advertising is hard to avoid. It's plastered on all the stores' windows, inserted in the Sunday papers, and sent in the mail. The commercials show only happy people holding lovely packages, dressed in festive clothing, with Christmas tunes jingling in the background. People search for happiness in many ways, and this seems like a quick way to attain it. Sad, but true.
        by To: Formerly O.L.I on Nov 25, 2011 at 11:43 PM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
        I agree with you 1002%. The media, commercials, peer pressure, family expectations, traditional gift giving, keeping up with the Joneses.....it's all designed to make us spend. Even the Salvation Army gets into the act (as a previous WITN story reported).
      by To John on Nov 25, 2011 at 03:04 PM in reply to John
      I agree with you 1000%. Next week they won't have enough money to buy groceries. The true meaning of Christmas has been lost for years. Greed has taken over everything. Everyone is for self and to He#! with everyone else.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134472833 - witn.com/a?a=134472833