ECU Student Wins Super Bowl Tickets From WITN

Josh Carter is headed Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis with his father. The current ECU student won two tickets after winning a contest he entered on witn.com.

The contest ran for nine days on websites across the Gray Communications coverage area which includes 30 television stations all over the United States. A total of 32,209 entries were received.

Josh and his father Ty stopped by WITN's Washington studio on Friday to pick up the two tickets.

Sports director Billy Weaver interviewed the Carters. Watch the entire interview right here on WITN.

• by Parent of 2008 WHS classmate on Feb 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    To Doubting Thomas: Did you actually post that you went for Free and it was a Ripoff? Doubting Thomas is not the only description of you. I have been to several superbowls. Always a great opportunity. Tthe atmosphere is part of the excitement. The excitement of watching it on tv in your home is great when that is all you can do. Congratulations Josh. Good job taking your Dad. Speaks volumns of the fine person that I already know you to be. You will be fine. The majority of the other clientele attending should be good citizens. If you have survived Greenville without incident no worries in Indy. It's not like you are going to be walking down dark deserted alleys in the wee hours of the night by yourself. Just keep your wallet in your front pocket and not your back pocket. Enjoy. The memories will last you your life time. My only advice is pull for Eli!
  • by Jennifer Location: Greenville on Jan 28, 2012 at 05:10 AM
    Josh-I hope you have the best time!!
    Way to go
    I think it is great that you and your father are going together!!
  • by Darren Location: Kill Devil Hills on Jan 27, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    Go ahead and get that Tom Brady jersey and support those Patriots.
      by Dave on Jan 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM in reply to Darren
      A Tom Brady jersey would be useful as toilet paper.
  • by Josh Location: Greenville, NC on Jan 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM
    As the winner of the contest, I thank everyone for the kind comments. I did think about the fact of all the expenses at the game, but the experience is going to be worth every single penny. This is quite honestly a once in a lifetime event, and I feel as if it is totally worth it!
  • by Doubting Thomas on Jan 27, 2012 at 05:07 PM
    #1. Watching a game on TV is much better than being there, (one angle {50 yard line?}, need binoculars, food's expensive, people are LOUD, no instant replay, etc.) #2. travel expenses included? #3. exposed to crime (pick pockets, robbery/rape/murder)
      by Anonymous on Jan 27, 2012 at 05:58 PM in reply to Doubting Thomas
      I think you should just stay home and watch TV for the rest of your life.
      by Speaker of the House on Jan 27, 2012 at 06:11 PM in reply to Doubting Thomas
      Jealous are we
        by Doubting Thomas on Jan 28, 2012 at 09:40 AM in reply to Speaker of the House
        Nope, Not Jealous....I've been to NFL games. Even the BEST seats aren't as good as watching on TV. (IMHO) I would like the tickets (to sell) ...do you happen to know what seats Joish will have? I went one time (for free) and the seats turned out to be End Zone seats. (what a ripoff!)
      by Darren on Jan 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM in reply to Doubting Thomas
      Not this one since the Patriots are in this particular superbowl. I'll admit I'm jealous I can't go this year. I was at least able to go to when they beat the Panthers in superbowl 38 in Houston, Texas with my neighbor (Panthers fan) and our wives.
        by Anonymous on Jan 28, 2012 at 03:49 PM in reply to Darren
        Nobody cares.
          by Darren on Jan 28, 2012 at 10:59 PM in reply to
          You are just jealous as you want me to think nobody cares. You may not care but several people do. You can start crying now.
        by Sam on Jan 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM in reply to Darren
        It's true! Me and Darren went to SB 38 and had a blast!
  • by Pats fan on Jan 27, 2012 at 04:54 PM
    Congrats Josh! Buy a Pats shirt or a Brady jersey! Have fun!!
      by Darren on Jan 27, 2012 at 11:13 PM in reply to Pats fan
      Coming from another Pats fan I say the same thing.
  • by yukon on Jan 27, 2012 at 04:44 PM
    Great for you Josh Pull for the GIANTS
  • by Marinda Location: Kelford on Jan 27, 2012 at 03:48 PM
    Can u let Josh know that my sister has a house in indy with rooms for sell for the right price. Email me back
  • by Jessica Location: Washington on Jan 27, 2012 at 03:18 PM
    Go Josh Carter!!!!!!
  • by D Location: Pitt on Jan 27, 2012 at 02:48 PM
    Very nice WITN! Glad to see some happy news! have fun Josh!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138226649 - witn.com/a?a=138226649