ECU Student To Appear In Court Today

Kamil Arrington of Nashville is scheduled to appear in court today to face charges of death by motor vehicle in the 2010 deaths of Briana Gather and Victoria Carter.

The 20-year-olds died after the car Arrrington was driving ran off the road and crashed into a tree around 6:30 a.m. on November 20th last year. Arrington and a fourth passenger, 19-year-old Taylor King survived the crash.

The four young women were all ECU students and pledges in the Delta Sigma Theta sorority. The group was on the way to get their hair done before the sorority induction ceremony was to be held later that evening.

• by Sunshine on Mar 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    Well I don't know how this will turn out. But I pray that the jury and judge will take everything into consideration. All of these negative comments is not helping the families of any of these ladies. Actually probably causing more pain reading all these comments. All I can say is judge not less you be judged. If you want to do something pray for all of them. None of us was there and don't know what happened so quit guessing.
  • by Russ Location: Henderson on Mar 21, 2011 at 09:50 AM
    This case is horrible anyway you look at it. However what is the real difference in this one and the one with the doctor in Raleigh?
      by Kim on Mar 21, 2011 at 11:41 AM in reply to Russ
      Russ; the doctor in raleigh was drunk driving. In this incident; there was NO alcohol involved. When someone gets in a car and is under the influence of alcohol, they are intentionally putting themselves in danger as well as innocent bystanders. Like I said; police found no alcohol in this case. Its a tragedy; either way, justice will not be served, as there is no way to bring Briana and Victoria back and punishing Kamil is nothing more than unjust and immoral.
  • by Disagree on Mar 21, 2011 at 09:43 AM
    Driving tired is the same as driving impaired. When you get behind the wheel of a car, you take responsibility for the lives of everyone in that car. If you feel too tired to drive, let someone else take the wheel. Better yet, even though she wasn't texting or drunk, I'm still confused how you can fall asleep at the wheel when there are 3 more girls in the car. I know from experience, 4 girls together in a car, there's not silence.
      by To Disagree on Mar 21, 2011 at 11:27 AM in reply to Disagree
      For your information it is very easy to fall asleep while others are in the car. It is unfortunate that this happened and surely it was an accident. But talk what you know. Ask me I have fell asleep thank God I pulled off and asked someone else to drive. I can tell you one thing they won't laughing and talking then. So yes it can happen especially when you are tired. I hope the court will realize this young girl is being punished enough for the rest of her life. And know I don't know any of these young ladies or anyone in their family. I am just speaking about what I know, and in response to your comments.
      by This to shall pass... on Mar 23, 2011 at 08:55 PM in reply to Disagree
      I don't understand why you are so confused! It was 6:30 AM (as in, it was morning). They were all tired and everyone else was sleeping. It was an honest mistake.
  • by Cindi Location: Greenville on Mar 21, 2011 at 08:29 AM
    While the loss is great and irreplaceable. I think this young woman has been punished enough. She lost two of her friends and I am sure she has had a hard enough time dealing with that. My heart goes out to all the families involved. And yes, it could happen to anyone!
  • by @ Texting Location: Joyner on Mar 21, 2011 at 06:53 AM
    No. Nobody was texting. She fell asleep at the wheel. Read a little bit instead of jumping to conclusions.
      by sleep on Mar 21, 2011 at 09:04 AM in reply to @ Texting
      You ask like that is ok that she fell asleep. My question is if you know that you r sleeply way drive and yes I do know b/c I was sleeply the other day and I pull over and told my sister to drive she should have done that or anything.
        by To Sleep on Mar 21, 2011 at 11:29 AM in reply to sleep
        Thank God you did pull off the road. But it can happen before you know it very easily. Don't judge you may not be as blessed the next time. You may not have anyone in the car with you the next time you get sleepy. Watch what you say it might come back to bite you.
  • by BeAccountable Location: Greenville on Mar 21, 2011 at 05:51 AM
    I sincerely hope this case is not dismissed. There have been far too many wrecks lately that could have been avoided if only the driver had of made a better choice. People need to realize that when you get behind the wheel of a car, it can be just as deadly as a handgun if used improperly. As a driver you have a huge responsibility. You are not only responsible for yourself but for your passengers and the lives of other motorists. The actions of a driver carry consequences and the driver should be held accountable for them. No, this case can by no means bring back the females that died in or as a result of this crash. It can however, send a message to other drivers out there. If your not willing to accept the consequences of your driving then don't. If your not fit to drive, whether it be too tired,too intoxicated, too distracted, then make the choice not to drive. You can't have it both ways; taking the benefits/convenience of driving and then skipping out on the consequences of it. Getting behind the wheel of a car and driving are choices. If your not willing to stand up and be held accountable for your actions then don't drive; take the bus or a cab. Life in general is a series of choices folks; we need to make sure we chose wisely.
      by BeAccountable 4 What? on Mar 21, 2011 at 07:07 AM in reply to BeAccountable
      This case has no evidence of anything. She wasn't drinking, texting or speeding. It was just an accident that happened. I even heard that some of the family memebers of the victim's say this case is crazy. What can you prove? That she lost control of the car? Yea that can happen to anybody!!Heck it can even happen to you. Just the wrong place at the wrong time. Now these other cases, yes they should be punished. But I see no reason why they should try this girl!
        by jerry on Mar 21, 2011 at 08:07 AM in reply to BeAccountable 4 What?
        No evidence? What about the people that were killed? Only one vehicle in the crash? The driver is directly responsible for safely operating the vehicle. Just wait for the civil suits that will surely follow.
          by Gina on Mar 21, 2011 at 10:15 AM in reply to jerry
          OMG, This was clearly an accident. She did not stand in someones front yard and fire a gun into an occupied dwelling, with the intent to kill. She will spend the rest of her life dealing with what happended to her friends while she was driving. My heart goes out to her and the families involved.
        by Rodney on Mar 21, 2011 at 10:41 AM in reply to BeAccountable 4 What?
        My mom was killed in an accident in which her best friend was driving. She was charged with the same offense as this young lady but olds guilty to careless and reckless driving. Until something like this comes to your door you have no idea what you would do. That accident took our mother away but the justice system will charge the driver. The victims family can do what we did and tell the court of their want and desire but she will be charged because I like was taken.
  • by Matt Ress Location: NC on Mar 21, 2011 at 05:43 AM
    ...there but for the grace of God go most of us who have ever driven too tired...in anyway impaired...etc. However, my prime concern would be did their sorority recruitment process somehow contribute to this? Were they up simply too many hours during that process pledging...the three letters would not be worth the death of my friends...
      by I Agree on Mar 21, 2011 at 06:50 AM in reply to Matt Ress
      That is a good question!! May need to investigate the pledging details prior to the accident. Some things they have you do is pointless!
  • by Texting on Mar 21, 2011 at 05:24 AM
    Was she on a cell phone in any manner?
  • by Anonymous on Mar 21, 2011 at 04:07 AM
    Tragic accidents happen, she will be punished from the feelings of guilt on her own. God be with all the people and families involved.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 21, 2011 at 02:49 AM
    It will be throwed out of court.Case dismissed.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118348809 - witn.com/a?a=118348809