ECU Student Killed In Motorcycle Crash

An ECU student was killed in a motorcycle crash in Greenville early Sunday morning.

The crash happened near the intersection of of E. Third Street and Jarvis Street around 3 a.m.

21-year-old Cameron Griffin of Kernersville was killed. Griffin was an ECU student.

Police say it appears that Griffin was traveling eastbound on E. Third Street and went through the Jarvis Street intersection, struck the curb, and lost control of the motorcycle.

They say Griffin and the motorcycle crashed through a wood rail fence in the parking lot of Christie’s Euro Pub, and then struck a brick house next door.

Greenville police say the cause of the fatal crash is still under investigation.

• by ECU mother on Feb 10, 2012 at 07:59 AM
    My thoughts and prayers to Cam's family and friends. Cam was a friend of my daughter. She phoned us in great pain at the loss of her friend and to ask her father to sell his motorcycle. My husband witnessed a friend and his young son crash in front of him in rainy conditions in a benefit ride. He was on the exit ramp coming onto the highway, which was blocked to other traffic, when his bike fishtailed out of control. He was not going fast but he lost his life while his son suffered scrapes on his hand. My husband will never forget that experience and Cam's family and friends will never forget him. We never know what can happen. It is more important to have compassion for those suffering this loss at this time. Cameron, you were a blessing to those that knew you.
  • by Neighbor on Feb 8, 2012 at 07:16 PM
    Cameron was a smart, kind and great person. Prayers to his family and friends. He was truly a great person and awesome young man.
  • by Coach Willert on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    Cam will be missed by all...and his football family was blessed to share in his life. Much Love to you Cam.
  • by Concern Location: Farmville on Feb 8, 2012 at 06:13 AM
    I am very sorry for the lost of this young man. We all know God does not make a mistake. Words are so inadequate @ a time like this, but may the comfort of friends & family be your strength now and in the days ahead. God bless you all.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 7, 2012 at 01:13 AM
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to Cameron's family, we are very sorry for your loss. My son is a friend of Cameron's.
  • by SmartPirate on Feb 6, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    My heart goes out to his family and friends. Everyone is so caught up in proposed "circumstances." It really doesn't matter what or how it happened a young person who was loved and cared about lost their life. I lost a a great friend a few months ago. I admire the composure of his friends, family, and instructors who have posted here because a lot have comments have been disrespectful.
  • by Josh Kellum on Feb 6, 2012 at 09:38 PM
    I lost a brother and a best friend in this accident and to see that some of your posts are insensitive and ignorant make me livid. Instead of assuming, show his family and friends some respect and leave your comments to yourself. That being said, I've known Cameron for about 8 years now and have lived with him for the past 2. He was a great, funny, respectable and irreplaceable person. He will be greatly missed amongst his family peers. Thank you all for your support and prayers. We will stay strong and continue to believe that Cameron is truly in a happier and better place. We love you Killa
      by EB on Feb 7, 2012 at 06:20 AM in reply to Josh Kellum
      He was a fine young man and so are you. Don't worry about the insensitive comments. Hold your chin up and keep on pushing. Prayers for Cameron and family.
      by Parent on Feb 7, 2012 at 05:07 PM in reply to Josh Kellum
      My son was a classmate and said he was a very nice young man. I know he will be missed in Pirate nation.
  • by ben on Feb 6, 2012 at 06:46 PM
    this was one of my close friends, he was one of the first people i met when i moved to NC years ago, show some respect for his friends and family, we are all in shock and devastated, we love you cam
  • by Ladybug Location: Washington on Feb 6, 2012 at 06:37 PM
    I am a medical professional and yet have 2 bike riders in my family, husband and grown son. I am saddened for this family's loss, no matter what the circumstances.
  • by DS1 on Feb 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    If he wasn't an ECU student, this would not have made the news.
      by Deez on Feb 6, 2012 at 03:39 PM in reply to DS1
      What's your point?
      by Mike on Feb 7, 2012 at 05:06 PM in reply to DS1
      Yes it would. Please.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138742674 - witn.com/a?a=138742674