Former ECU Football Players Take Part In Pro-Day

GREENVILLE, N.C. - Fourteen East Carolina football players who completed their collegiate eligibility following the 2010 season went through a series of drills and workouts at Wednesday's annual Pro Timing Day. Scouts from various National Football League franchises attended the event to get an up-close look at the former Pirates.

To begin the afternoon, each player's official hand size, arm length, height and weight were measured inside the Murphy Center. Testing was then initiated as players participated in the broad jump, vertical leap and bench press.

When the session moved outside to the Cliff Moore Practice Facility and Hight Field, the running and agility portions of the workout took place. The players had their times in the 40-yard dash, short shuttle, three-cone drill and long shuttle clocked.

Position-specific drills for East Carolina's former wide receivers, defensive backs and running backs concluded the testing.

• by Coach Location: Dickey on Mar 24, 2011 at 03:54 PM
    Where are the 40 yrd dash times for the prospective players. Who benched 225lbs the most times. This article is incomplete. All it told me is that some ex-ECU football players are trying to impress some scouts from the NFL. What teams/team are the scouts from. A little more info next time. I bet a simple phone call the athletics office could get you some of this info.
  • by Serious question for JD Location: ENC on Mar 24, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    JD, what got you to the point of hating the ECU sports programs? I know that you like to get a rise out of the posters, but your anger overtakes the actual facts. Just curious.
      by JDLadd on Mar 24, 2011 at 01:03 PM in reply to Serious question for JD
      I bet all of you feel pretty dumb right about now. You have been arguing with a 17 yr old. I hate ECU b/c I'm jealous of the fact my ex-girlfriend goes there and dumped me for some Frat Brat!
        by JDLadd on Mar 24, 2011 at 02:53 PM in reply to JDLadd
        This is not the real JDLadd. The real JDLadd is older and wiser than all of you.
  • by Darren Location: Kill Devil Hills on Mar 24, 2011 at 08:20 AM
    JDLard, you're lack of knowledge about sports never ceases to amaze me. Have you ever heard about Chris Johnson (2,006 yards in one season and a 4.2 40 yard time)? David Garrard? C.J. Wilson (Superbowl Champ)? Jay Ross (Superbowl Champ)? Matt Dodge? Linval Joseph? Vonta Leach? I could go on and on naming several other ECU guys in the NFL but just don't have that kind of time to name them all. Your're just embarrasing yourself day by day with that nonsense you spout out.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 24, 2011 at 05:20 AM
    Your right JDLadd. We only have a Pro Bowl Quaterback and Pro Bowl Running Back playing right now along with several other players and you are saying the NFL doesn't want ECU players. Once again no facts to your story. Sorry you didn't go to school and just buy tshirts for "your schools". You have no Pride and add nothing to conversations except made up stuff
  • by Draft guru on Mar 24, 2011 at 05:17 AM
    I don't have WIlliams being drafted at all.
  • by king of da southside Location: the ville on Mar 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM
    Let's go ecu I see my home john Williams going in the mid third round
  • by John Location: Ayden on Mar 23, 2011 at 06:19 PM
    To JDLadd: The same was said about Chris Johnson, and we all know how that turned out.
  • by Lang on Mar 23, 2011 at 05:16 PM
    JDLadd how rude can you possibly be? Do you just jump from message boards to find items to post jerk comments on? First Terrence Copper and now this. Get a life and stop criticizing others lives.
  • by Superdave Location: Greenville on Mar 23, 2011 at 04:31 PM
    I am from Canada and the CFL is a great league with wonderful and loyal fans!!
      by pIRATE on Mar 24, 2011 at 07:46 AM in reply to Superdave
      Don't be offended Superdave, this JDLadd is kinda like our village idiot. CFL is great!
      by Flutie on Mar 24, 2011 at 12:35 PM in reply to Superdave
      All I know is Doug Flutie was the bomb North of the border!
  • by JDLadd Location: my pad on Mar 23, 2011 at 03:48 PM
    The NFL doesn't want these guys. Perhaps they can play in the Arena league, or the CFL.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118526364 - witn.com/a?a=118526364