Davis, East Carolina Defeat Central Florida 38-31

GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- Dominique Davis threw four touchdown passes, including a pair to Reese Wiggins, but it took a 56-yard touchdown run by Torrance Hunt with 2:10 left in the game for East Carolina to beat Central Florida 38-31 on Saturday.

East Carolina (5-6, 4-3 Conference USA) broke a two-game losing streak and kept its bowl hopes alive. The Pirates finish their season at Marshall next Saturday. UCF (4-7, 2-5) lost for the third straight time and was knocked out of bowl contention.

Davis finished 19 of 31 for 203 yards but was intercepted once. His four touchdown passes matched his season high set in East Carolina's season-opening loss to South Carolina. One of his scoring passes to Wiggins was for 84 yards, the fourth longest in East Carolina history.

Davis also added a career-high 62 rushing yards on 12 carries.

Previous Story:
Damon Magazu intercepted a pass on 4th down for Central Florida to seal a 38-31 ECU win.

Dominique Davis threw his fourth touchdown pass of the night and second of the game to Reese Wiggins to put ECU up 31-24 in the fourth quarter.

UCF capitalized off a Dominique Davis interception as Latavius Murray scored from 4 yards to tie the game at 24.

Dominique Davis threw his third touchdown pass of the day on an 84 yard connection to Reese Wiggins to put ECU up 24-17 in the third quarter.

UCF tied the game at 17 on a Nick Cattoi 39 yard field goal with 2 seconds left in the first half.

Joshua Reese caught a two yard touchdown pass to bring UCF to within three points. ECU still leads 17-14.

Dominique Davis threw his second touchdown pass of the game to Justin Hardy to put the Pirates up 17-7 in the first half.

Michael Barbour connected on a 36 yard field goal to put the Pirates up 10-7 in the first half against UCF.

Dominique Davis lofted a touchdown pass to Justin Jones to tie the game at 7 late in the first quarter.

Adam Nissley caught a three yard touchdown pass to put UCF up 7-0 against ECU.

ECU is playing Central Florida at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium tonight. Stay tuned to WITN.com for game updates.

• by WhyAmI StillWastingMyTimePostingAboutThePirates Pirateman on Nov 22, 2011 at 08:35 AM
    John, never missed it. Some got it and some don't and there is a reason. It'll go somewhere else now. Not retired yet. I'll work til I die, because I want to work. Some set their goals high; some don't. ECU it appears doesn't. No use in complaining to an education bureaucrat. They don't listen; they know everything. Just ask them they'll tell you.
      by John on Nov 22, 2011 at 11:38 AM in reply to WhyAmI StillWastingMyTimePostingAboutThePirates Pirateman
      It sounds like you are tying to talk down to me by saying some have it and some don't just because I don't give 6 figures does not mean that "I don't have it". I take two trips every year (Canada to hunt, and somewhere VERY south in the winters to surf) Maybe you should have done this years ago instead of giving thousands to ECU (maybe not the surfing part), so in a nutshell you put thousands into a hobby that never satisfied you and you are doing exactly what you should and that is find a new hobby. Good luck to you and what if we turn it around in 5 years can we count you in????
        by WhyDoIStillWasteMyTimePostingAboutPirates Pirateman on Nov 22, 2011 at 02:02 PM in reply to John
        YES, I am Fairweather Pirateman!!! Actually NO, I am finished. I'll go to my seats and watch the games. I will not travel anymore to watch the misery. So you have it and call generosity a hobby, but hold onto yours. Mighty nice of you. Definitely not selfish are you!! I take a few trips, too, Boss. And have a few other hobbies. The school asked and I ponied up. ECU hasn't in return done their part! It ain't my fault.
  • by WhyDoIwasteMyTimeStillPostingAboutThePirates Pirateman on Nov 22, 2011 at 05:43 AM
    John, you are very sweet to feel so sorry for me, but save it for your fellas at the Paddock Club! I am just going to hunt and fish more. I didn't mean to confuse you that 6 Saturdays was the only time to hunt and fish. Yes, it is only a game. I would advise all locals to not give any more money to ECU over a game. The Salvation Army is much better!!
      by John on Nov 22, 2011 at 06:58 AM in reply to WhyDoIwasteMyTimeStillPostingAboutThePirates Pirateman
      Well have fun with that...man wish I could say I am just going to fish and hunt more haha are you retired? And I just buy season tickets and a parking pass, I don't have the big bucks like you and can't afford to give 6 figures (which if you did I really hope you are complaining to TH or someone up in the ladder) And hey let me rub it in for you.... You know how many fishing trips and hunting trips you could have gone on with 6 figures????? Except you gave that money to the Pirates. ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
  • by Robert Location: Wilmington on Nov 21, 2011 at 04:21 PM
    All these .500 football teams,not just ECU, becoming eligible for bowl games are ridiculous. .500 achievement in any other sport would not be rewarded or acknowledged with an opportunity to play beyond the regular season.The only upside for lower tier bowls are the opportunity for more practice time and a break even proposition on the business side.The FBS is a money hungry bunch of power brokers, who truly do not care about the integrity of the game by not offering an equitable playoff system.Ruffin McNeill will be given more time than your typical ECU coach because he is an alumnus of the school.ECU is a stepping stone school for head coaches who enjoy success.Shopping for coaches every few years destroys continuity, therefore success is hard to come by.With the exception of a few great seasons(1983,91 and two Conference USA Championships),most ECU fans have seen mostly mediocrity in their lifetimes.Mediocrity has worn out alot of ECU fans ,who have invested time and money in a relatively poor product.Many Division I programs that were on par with ECU (i.e Va Tech) or had not even come into inception as DIV 1 (i.e USF,UCF,UCONN,Boise State) have surpassed ECU.ECU is stuck in neutral.
  • by WhyDoIStillWasteMyTimePostingAboutPirates Pirateman on Nov 21, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    I am now "WhyDoIStillWasteMyTimePostingAboutPirates Pirateman" instead of Formerly Pirateman. I'll probably still post my disappointment since it came after more than 30 years of waiting for and in anticipation of.... well, something ANYTHING!
      by John on Nov 22, 2011 at 05:13 AM in reply to WhyDoIStillWasteMyTimePostingAboutPirates Pirateman
      I like the name!!!!I understand your frustration but what are you accomplshing by constantly posted your blander? Nothing but giving all the other ECU haters something to agree with, it's a shame you wasted 30 years and 6 figures on a GAME. That's all it is and all it ever will be. And your post about fishing and hunting, hmmmm I havn't missed any of those activities since i've been a pirate fan. I mean it is only 6 saturdays out of the year unless you travel to the away games. The deer, the ducks' and the fish will still be there next saturday trust me I've been doing it for years. My big thing is what do you expect from ECU? We are not in a BCS conference, until we are we will never get the recuirts that are needed to beat the teams that we lost to this year. We beat the teams we should of and we lost to the teams we should of...what more do you want? Sorry you feel the way you do, I really am!!!
  • by Formerly Pirateman on Nov 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM
    Oh, yeah! I was at the game in club level. Glad we won. Where were you? I will incur to go when I feel I'll enjoy it. But 30 some years of mediocrity has worn me down. The thrill is gone babe!
  • by Formerly Pirateman on Nov 21, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    Nah, graduated, participated, gave money (almost 6 figures in a lifetime) for 30 years. Been there thru thick and thin. The thin is so much proportionately more that it has worn me out. There must be some fair weather sometime to be a fair weather fan. I bet most people would choose my life over yours when it would come to getting one. I'm fine with this. I just am going to travel, hunt, fish, etc. instead of getting excited about football season with ECU. And, duh, yes I would have been happy if we had won any of those games you mentioned. Chee, you don't get it do you? Not all just some or at least not been so sorry in the losses.
  • by Formerly Pirateman on Nov 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    Henry, shoot for the stars! You sound like you are with the ADs office or the ECU administration. Nothing like putting a good spin on mediocrity. while the Pirate Nation exceeded; the administration had your attitude of being easily satisfied.
  • by Henry Location: Greenville on Nov 20, 2011 at 07:54 PM
    For all the Pirates haters, ECU has a better record than the following teams; Boston College, Maryland, Duke, Kansas, Texas Tech, Navy, Army, Pitt, UConn, South Florida, Syracuse, Minn, Indiana, Oregon State, Washington State, Vanderbuilt, Tenn, Kentucky, Arizona, Colorado, Ole Miss, Miss State, UAB, UCF, Memphis, Rice, UTEP, and Tulane. This is not counting the rest of the mid-major schools.
      by HAHA!!! on Nov 20, 2011 at 10:07 PM in reply to Henry
      Idiot, and they played Teams in Cupcake USA to right? NO!! Get used to it, Your team SUCKS!!! Ask anyone who EZU is vs those other Schools and see what happens. EZWHO? Just remember Pirates are BAD people who ROB,Kill and whatever else illegal which makes it a GREAT fit for Greenville. Oh Yea there Web Site does show the beating SC to, That's ODD!!!
        by Calm down on Nov 21, 2011 at 04:33 AM in reply to HAHA!!!
        Easy there keyboard warrior!! Would you like to share with us the team you root for? I mean you do have a favorite team right? Or do you just say anybody but the pirates haha you poor soul!!!!
        by Alex on Nov 21, 2011 at 01:07 PM in reply to HAHA!!!
        Easy man, you may want to lay off the keys unless you want your mother to take away your computer. According to the following link it correctly shows the loss to SC. http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/ecu-m-footbl-sched.html. Also, next time you want to have a discussion with the grown-ups, please check your grammar and sentence structure. Seriously, I was in agony while reading that jumbled mess of a post.
      by JKL on Nov 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM in reply to Henry
      Yeah, those teams actually play real competition too.
      by Guru on Nov 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM in reply to Henry
      Pitt is 5-5 and that is better than 5-6.
        by Anonymous on Nov 21, 2011 at 04:29 AM in reply to Guru
        Look at our losses (USC, UNC, VA TECH, HOUSTON, USM, UTEP (only bad loss) but please explain to me which one of those teams is a cupcake??? Last time I saw the ranking I could of swore two of those teams were in the top and 10 and one was #14 and USM is top 30.
  • by Rod Location: Greenville on Nov 20, 2011 at 07:45 PM
    For those who want to run Coach Ruff out of town and are still on the Skip bandwadgon, South Florida is 1-4 in the Big East and 5-5 overall.
  • by CJ on Nov 20, 2011 at 02:59 PM
    Wow! 5 and 6 record sure is exciting and the possibly of being 6 and 6 is incredible! The Charmin Toilet Bowl reps will surely be attentively tuned into the Marshall game.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134184713 - witn.com/a?a=134184713