Drought Conditions Remain For Most Of Eastern Carolina

Much of Eastern Carolina remains under drought conditions.

The latest drought map out Thursday shows all but a handful of counties under a moderate drought. Only Lenoir, Greene, Wilson, Wayne and Nash counties fall into the abnormally dry conditions list.

The western portion of the state, from Charlotte and Greensboro west, continue to not experience dry conditions.

• by Squanto Location: enc on May 27, 2011 at 05:09 PM
    Put a little fertilier on my lawn today. If it does not rain tomorrow, will need Marvin to do a rain dance with my waterhose.
  • by jerry Location: enc on May 27, 2011 at 05:02 PM
    It`s dry here, but I have a cousin in Arizona that has a catfish that`s two yrs. old that hasn`t even learned to swim....
      by tom & jerry on May 27, 2011 at 09:01 PM in reply to jerry
      If he has not learned how to swim in two years sounds like he is in a vaccumm pack can.
  • by Abram Location: craven county on May 27, 2011 at 03:50 PM
    I do lawncare in new bern and we only mowed about half our yards this week because everything is so dry and the people that have irrigation don't want to use it because it cost so much....
  • by Ummmm on May 27, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    Where's the MAP??!!!!
  • by Anonymous Location: Onslow County on May 27, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    This place is bone dry.
  • by mike Location: HAMILTON on May 27, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    They come out with this story every year about a drought.I guess if you don't get a inch of rain everyday of the week you are in a drought by their calculations. WITN your story leaves a lot to be desired you aren't stating your source of information
      by Anonymous on May 27, 2011 at 12:07 PM in reply to mike
      I dont know about Hamilton but in tyrrell county it is dry as a bone.Crops are shriveling up and I have to water my garden everyday and have not cut the grass in three weeks although it does need it today or tomorrow.It is dry here!Praying for some rain here.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122731064 - witn.com/a?a=122731064