Dramatic Video of Truck Crashing Into Store

Surveillance video shows a pick up truck crashing into a store in Greenville Sunday morning.

According to Greenville police it happened around 6:30 a.m. near the intersection of Red Banks and Greenville Blvd. Police say 22 year old Nicholas Munn of Havelock was traveling East on Red Banks Rd. when his pick up truck crossed the oncoming lanes of travel, then jumped a curb, drove through shrubbery, continued into a parking lot and crashed into the Che Bella Boutique.

Munn was transported to the hospital with injuries. Police say Munn has no memory of what transpired. Witnesses at the scene heard the man say that he had fallen asleep at the wheel. Police say alcohol was not involved, but they are still investigating.

Munn was charged with driving while license revoked, reckless driving, driving left of center, and failure to wear a seat belt.

• by Really on Mar 4, 2011 at 05:02 AM
    I hope the driver is ok.... was his license revoked because he had seizures?
  • by Ashleigh Location: Newport on Mar 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    My niece knows this gentleman and he had a seizure. How about people stop criticizing and making assumptions about a situation they know nothing about? Let's just be thankful that it was property that was damaged and no PERSON was injured or killed.
  • by Pamela Location: Greenville on Mar 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    I have heard, first hand, that the Man was driving on Greenville Blvd, turned onto Red Banks and drove "left of center" into Adams lot and drove over some bushes into Che Bella's parking lot and ended in their store. It is amazing he didn't hit anything on the way! I was at Starbucks that morning, there are people awake that early on Sunday!
  • by A Location: Greenville on Feb 28, 2011 at 10:39 PM
    This is so odd to me... Che Bella's in the back corner of the parking lot, this guy went probably 50 yards including turns and speed bumps before hitting the store and couldn't stop?
  • by To: Mr. Facts on Feb 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    Well, its not like Greenville is a big tourist attraction or anything, I cant even figure out why someone would want to live there with all the crime. It only makes sense that most of the accidents there would be caused by someone that lives there or near there and would be the same case for most towns or cities anywhere in the world.
  • by D Location: Vanceboro on Feb 28, 2011 at 09:07 AM
    I don't quite get it. How do you people figure that drivers are classified as good or bad drivers depending on which town they live in. It makes no difference where you live, there are good drivers and bad drivers everywhere.
  • by I noticed! on Feb 28, 2011 at 08:26 AM
    haha I noticed the chrysler key and then the gmc piece from the front end inside the store! the key is also a key for their newer cars and that is definitely not a new car. I hope the owners get the whole mess figured out because I love shopping at Che Bella! such cute stuff!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 28, 2011 at 07:46 AM
    I have lived in Raleigh, and drivers in Greenville are 10x worse.
  • by Darren Location: Kill Devil Hills on Feb 28, 2011 at 06:34 AM
    I think some people like JDLadd up here needs to have the waaaambulance called on him. To the one who said that Greenville is as bad in crime and traffic as Charlotte, lay off the pipe.
  • by Jessica on Feb 28, 2011 at 06:01 AM
    its not just greenville or eastern north carolina that has bad drivers. anywhere u go there is gonna be those bad drivers.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117007628 - witn.com/a?a=117007628