Domestic Violence Charges Put Marine Behind Bars

A Camp Lejeune Marine is in jail after police say he assaulted his wife in front of their four year old son.

New Bern police have charged Lance Corporal Bryan Brown with assault with a deadly weapon with a minor present, false imprisonment and assault on a female. Police say they got a call Wednesday to a home on Elmwood Street with reports of a man armed with a gun trying to kick open the rear door.

Police say they found the 21-year-old Brown sitting on the front porch. Inside were his estranged wife and son. Police say they learned that earlier the two had a physical altercation and that Brown refused to allow his wife to leave by waiving a kitchen knife in her face.

Police say the wife managed to flee after Brown left. She went to a home on Elmwood Street where police say Brown showed up and got in through an unlocked back door. The wife locked herself in a room with her son. They say Brown left and the wife then locked all the doors. Police say the Marine later returned, armed with a gun, and again tried to get into the home.

Brown is also charged with breaking & entering, attempted breaking & entering with the intent to commit a felony, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill (felony) and going armed to the terror of the people for what happened on Elmwood Street.

The Marine is jailed without bond.

• by Bryan Brown Location: newbern on Sep 21, 2011 at 08:37 PM
    Watch me Beat These Charges, these charges are false
  • by Anonymous on Sep 2, 2011 at 07:54 PM
    I know Bryan and im sure its much more to this story. he wouldnt just do this for no reason it has to be another story !!
  • by Anonymous on Aug 28, 2011 at 01:35 AM
    This was crazy for it to be somebody I know it is really sad. Yet at the same time she really could have provoked him, because I know he would not have done that for no reason!!! ??? I hope all works out...
  • by anonymous Location: anywhere usa on Aug 26, 2011 at 09:11 PM
    I've been through a lot too... and I don't beat my wife or threaten her with a gun. I'll bet a dollar that the Marines I work with that are in armed combat daily don't go home and do crap like this. If you don't love your wife just move out.
  • by Anonymous on Aug 22, 2011 at 07:53 PM
    I hate to see this. He's my friend and he's been through a lot. He's got a good heart.
  • by Can't understand Location: New Bern on Aug 18, 2011 at 09:00 PM
    Can't believe this, I really think she added a little more to what happen,so don't judge him just yet.There's always another side of the story.
  • by Kelley Brown on Aug 18, 2011 at 08:14 PM
    Say/speak yoyr ignorant comments.....the general can't fathom what any of these warriors have gone through....and then you wanna sit behind a computer and judge his actions???....You don't have a clue to what he might've come home to....cast your stones, but God will be the ultimate judge.....
      by Anonymous on Aug 19, 2011 at 01:00 PM in reply to Kelley Brown
      I'm sure you would be in a cordial, loving, understanding frame of mind if this animal dangled a knife in your face threatening you.
      by Anonymous on Aug 21, 2011 at 05:14 PM in reply to Kelley Brown
      Still waiting.............
  • by innocency Location: littleton on Aug 18, 2011 at 04:17 PM
    After serving his family and country, everyday. If you ask the other party to this situation...what did you do to drive this soldier to this madness? My wife and daughter answer (i didn't do anything.....victim)
  • by SAD! on Aug 18, 2011 at 03:59 PM
    I hope this woman gets all the support she needs, and hopefully the child isnt old enough to remember anything. Ive lived through this and the fear never leaves you, I pray he doesnt get a bond and sits in jail thinking about what his temper has got him into.
  • by Anonymous on Aug 18, 2011 at 02:20 PM
    This mongrel isn't fit to serve anywhere. He is pure evil trash.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 128023408 - witn.com/a?a=128023408