A family run and operated business in the east considered by many to be a landmark that went up in flames last year has reopened its doors.
On February 18th, 2010 Peaden's Grill and Cafeteria in Greenville caught fire. Investigators determined it was a dryer in the back of the building that started it.
Owner Terry Peaden vowed to rebuild and opened the doors to the Memorial Drive business Thursday at 5 a.m. Loyal customers stopped by throughout the day to eat.
Customers say Peaden's Grill is a popular place for cheese or sweet potato biscuits. And Peaden says customers have shown their support for the restaurant's return to the community. "We've had a lot of support as far as telephone calls and just through the internet, Facebook and it's just been hundreds of people we've had support through the whole year that we've had , you know, hoping that we would just get back open and praying and everything."
Terry Peaden says they're open for breakfast and lunch Monday through Saturday. He says he's still trying to decide whether they'll close at 3:00 p.m. like they used to, or whether they'll stay open longer.
The restaurant has been at its current location since 1974, but in the community since the 1930's.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.