Peaden's Grill Reopens

A family run and operated business in the east considered by many to be a landmark that went up in flames last year has reopened its doors.

On February 18th, 2010 Peaden's Grill and Cafeteria in Greenville caught fire. Investigators determined it was a dryer in the back of the building that started it.

Owner Terry Peaden vowed to rebuild and opened the doors to the Memorial Drive business Thursday at 5 a.m. Loyal customers stopped by throughout the day to eat.

Customers say Peaden's Grill is a popular place for cheese or sweet potato biscuits. And Peaden says customers have shown their support for the restaurant's return to the community. "We've had a lot of support as far as telephone calls and just through the internet, Facebook and it's just been hundreds of people we've had support through the whole year that we've had , you know, hoping that we would just get back open and praying and everything."

Terry Peaden says they're open for breakfast and lunch Monday through Saturday. He says he's still trying to decide whether they'll close at 3:00 p.m. like they used to, or whether they'll stay open longer.

The restaurant has been at its current location since 1974, but in the community since the 1930's.

• by Barbara Location: outside of Greenville on Apr 2, 2011 at 06:52 AM
    So happy to have you back in busines. Everything looks beautiful. Like this building better than the one before. Your food is delicious! Now ready for some down home cooking. Congrats on your return.
  • by Linda Location: Greenville on Mar 31, 2011 at 06:19 PM
    Welcome back Peaden's Grill.....we have missed you and please know you have such an awesome reputation, you are a legend in Greenville!!!!!!!
  • by Biscuit eater Location: on my way to work on Mar 31, 2011 at 06:13 PM
    Have my cheese biscuit and large tea ready to go. I'll be in around 6:30 Friday morning.
  • by to Val Location: Greenville on Mar 31, 2011 at 05:18 PM
    "Without What" you must not be from around here. Everyone knows that a Cheeseburger without means a Cheeseburger without onions.
      by Chris on Mar 31, 2011 at 06:54 PM in reply to to Val
      Rephrase and say you must not go to Peaden's much. I'm from around and didn't know that.
  • by Vickie on Mar 31, 2011 at 01:28 PM
    Yay!!! I can't wait to git me some of that meatloaf,that spoons out like thick soup! Yummy,and Please make mine with an extra spoon of orange grease! Can't wait!
  • by Bryant on Mar 31, 2011 at 01:12 PM
    That would be awesome if they did like an early dinner and did not close at 3:30!
  • by yay Location: gvegas on Mar 31, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    I'm so excited. I can't wait for a cheese biscuit!
  • by kee Location: gville on Mar 31, 2011 at 09:50 AM
    I wen that way on yesterday and found out that they were opening back up today.YAY!!! I live way cross town
  • by April on Mar 31, 2011 at 06:47 AM
    Yum, I'm excited they will reopen! It's been too long!
  • by Mike Location: Stokes on Mar 30, 2011 at 03:47 PM
    Praise God. Have seen Doc a few times since this happened last year, and always asked when was Opening Day? I'm ready for my 3 hotdogs w/ just that "special" chilli. My daughter always they have the best hotdogs in town!!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118880814 - witn.com/a?a=118880814