Deputies Seize Bath Salts On First Day Of New Law

Undercover deputies seized thousands of dollars worth of bath salts in Pitt County as a new state law now makes them illegal in North Carolina.

Over the past several months bath salts have become popular as some people would smoke or snort the product.

Pitt County deputies visited several stores on Wednesday. Some still had the products on their shelves for sale, while others had the now-illegal substances boxed up to be sent back to distributors. Deputies confiscated it all, but did not arrest anyone.

• by Antionette W Location: Georgia on Jun 3, 2011 at 07:36 AM
    Unfortunately some adults need to be watched like children. I do not want my tax money used to take care of people who have committed crimes or have gone crazy after ingesting chemicals. We already have enough drug addicts sponging because they are non-productive. Who needs another fried brain to take care of. I do not mind supporting someone who is challenged at birth and it is not self inflicted.
  • by Theresa Location: Martin Co. on Jun 2, 2011 at 09:41 AM
    Wow, now I know I'm getting old. I've had to ask my children about other drugs out these days but this is a new one on me. I did not have any idea there was any other bath salt than what I put in my bath! Where did this come from and who made it?
  • by Ashley on Jun 2, 2011 at 08:50 AM
    You know I don't understand the big deal here. These synthetic drugs have caused nothing but problems. Many have overdosed and some have died. I take it the ones up here posting with a problem about it are actually part of the problem in the first place?
      by ggrrrr on Jun 2, 2011 at 10:40 AM in reply to Ashley
      People are upset because the state is making more choices for taxpayers. The problem is the government governing personal lives not concentrating on bigger issues. If someone is stupid enough to use these "drugs", let them. It's called Natural Selection. Why on earth do people not get this worked up about alcohol?!?!?! It's worse! DUHHH!!!! Go have another!
        by Ashley on Jun 2, 2011 at 12:43 PM in reply to ggrrrr
        Well these are the people the majority voted in so the best thing I can tell you to do is vote them out. But there does have to be a limit on somethings. I mean you can't make guns available to murderers and say oh well if they are going to do it let them...No, people have no self discipline so the government has to step in.
          by ggrrrr on Jun 2, 2011 at 01:56 PM in reply to Ashley
          you are right! people have no self discipline-my question is: why don't they do this to alcohol as well?? all the alcoholics i know have no self discipline. and sorry, but guns are available to murderers every day. no one polices that either. if i was part of the electoral college, i would vote them out. but as a citizen, all i can do is cast my vote and hope the electoral smarties get it right. jeeeez, i need to move to another country.
  • by Helpless Location: in NC on Jun 2, 2011 at 08:19 AM
    Will the state please let me know if it is OK for me to chop up rat poison and snort it up my noses.
      by TboroMan on Jun 2, 2011 at 09:01 AM in reply to Helpless
      How many noses you got?????......lol
  • by jd Location: winterville on Jun 2, 2011 at 07:04 AM
    WHEW!!!! I feel so much safer now! Thank you, nanny-state!!!
  • by Anonymous on Jun 2, 2011 at 12:51 AM
    Gangbangers are running wild everywhere, yet LEOs are all over this "crime" on day one. Yeah Team!
  • by Connie Location: Greenville on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:38 PM
    OK, I need some help here....! I use to buy bath salt for a relaxing hour in my bath-top after a hard day of work. I purchased it in purple, red, pink and green. I loved the lavender. Is that the same stuff they been talking about? does that mean that because of some useless idiots I have to buy bubble bath and baby shampoo? you are kidding..right?
      by Kt on Jun 2, 2011 at 06:43 AM in reply to Connie
      no, connie, it's not the same stuff. that's what's sold as but not what it's used for. it's also advertised as being for insect repellant.
  • by Taylor on Jun 1, 2011 at 04:24 PM
    Well maybe if our government would legalize marijuana (which is safe) then people wouldn't buy synthetic marijuana.
      by L on Jun 1, 2011 at 05:20 PM in reply to Taylor
      bath salts is not synthetic marijuana that would be salvia. Bath salts are like meth and coke. More of the meth side.
        by Wrong on Jun 1, 2011 at 09:50 PM in reply to L
        No dear, Salvia gives effects more like ecstasy. Synthetic marijuana would be known as spice, incense, or k2, k3 etc.
          by crazies on Jun 2, 2011 at 10:28 AM in reply to Wrong
          Salvia is not synthetic--it grows in dirt. synthetic marijuana is k2, spice, etc. bath salts are def on the meth level.
  • by john Location: enc on Jun 1, 2011 at 03:54 PM
    some of the towns waters in enc should be banned too.
  • by Stinky Location: ENC on Jun 1, 2011 at 02:39 PM
    Really? I can't use bath salts anymore? What, because people don't follow the directions when it says not to ingest it? Wow, I thought the world was stinking before, just wait a week when people haven't had their bath salts in this aweful heat. It is really going to start to stink!!!!! What's going to be illegal next? My toilet paper? You know, people may use it to roll a joint or something!!!
      by JJ on Jun 1, 2011 at 06:08 PM in reply to Stinky
      Bath Salts is the way the drug is advertised. It is not the kind used in the bathtub. No need to worry about the toliet paper:)
      by Haha! on Jun 1, 2011 at 06:28 PM in reply to Stinky
      LOL...yeah, you tell them Stinky!My sentiments exactly!
      by ME on Jun 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM in reply to Stinky
      chill out, lol, its not the same "bath salts" as you are thinking about, u can still buy ur bathsalts to put in2 your relaxing bath!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122969273 - witn.com/a?a=122969273