Deputies Recover 600 Pain Pills After Pharmacy Robbery

Deputies have arrested a Jacksonville man for robbing a pharmacy last night and getting hundreds of pain tablets.

The CVS in Sneads Ferry was held up around 9:30 p.m. by a man demanding Oxycodone. The pharmacist gave the gunman Oxycodone, Morphine and Percocet tablets.

Deputies were able to identify a suspect with the help of store surveillance video. Michael Byrd of Burgaw Highway was charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, trafficking in opium or heroin by possession and trafficking in opiates by transport. Deputies say they recovered 431 Percocet tablets and 170 Oxycodone tablets.

The 27-year-old Byrd is also charged with breaking into a home in Onslow County and stealing some $20,000 in property. His bond on all the charges is $305,000.

• by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Nov 5, 2011 at 02:27 PM
    Good they 'recovered' the stolen pills. However, hope they are not redistributed, as they are probably soiled, and will have to be destroyed.
  • by "Drugs Are Bad" on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:50 PM
    What is so hard to understand about this statement?
  • by 40some on Nov 3, 2011 at 07:49 PM
    Yep! He's a doper, looks like one too. Wonder if they'll violate his probation and make him do some time this time.
  • by Candi Location: Swansboro on Nov 3, 2011 at 06:40 PM
    INSTEAD OF SAYING WHAT YOUR OPINION IS...WHY NOT PRAY FOR HIM????? THERE IS AN IDEA....THANK YOU!
      by 40some on Nov 3, 2011 at 07:47 PM in reply to Candi
      Instead of giving your opinion of what we should do how about just praying for us?
        by Candi on Nov 3, 2011 at 08:29 PM in reply to 40some
        obviously, some of you never have had to deal with an addiction...PRAYING FOR YOU NOW! HE IS A MIGHTY GOD AND I SPEAK LIFE OVER THIS SITUATION!
          by Formerly O.L.I. on Nov 5, 2011 at 02:29 PM in reply to Candi
          Yes; but only if the 'addicted one' asks for the help. You don't have to SHOUT.
  • by Freak Location: Jacksonville on Nov 3, 2011 at 02:46 PM
    Heres whats sad, how many prescription drug ads do you see on the television that are passed thru the fda everyday that claim side effects such as "stomach bleeding,depression,and death etc.." only to be taken off the market years later then you get to see lawsuits against these drug makers, but heres the sad thing the government passes these drugs with these horrible side effects however Marijuana is still illegal when the government could legalize it, tax it and make a ton of profit from it only side effects from that drug would be the munchies and worst case mouth and lung cancer (the same as cigerettes) makes you wonder
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Nov 5, 2011 at 02:29 PM in reply to Freak
      Best post, and truest.
  • by hank Location: martin co on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    It is such a shame. yeah right!! The trash is where it need to be.
  • by Delta929 on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    If McRibs and Blizzards were illegal, my picture would be up here too.
      by McRib? on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:49 PM in reply to Delta929
      Please don't tell me you eat that slop! Go somewhere that serves BBQ (you'd faint if you saw the meat they use to make the McRib!) ....The Blizzard...well,...You got me there.
        by Delta929 on Nov 4, 2011 at 08:29 AM in reply to McRib?
        I would never eat restaurant BBQ unless I know it is extremely good. That is something you can only make yourself. Idk why I love McRib the point is, they are contradicting tlegahy system legalizing some drugs (alcohol and tobacco and over-eating, sex,etc) and not others. I'll be getting me a McRib today! Can't hardly wait.
  • by Patsy Cline on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    But its OK and legal to kill an unborn baby---- Why not let people buy what drugs they want regulate it and tax it like they do cigarettes and alcohol? Taxpayer funded abortion is not only killing future Americans, it's costing only those who work more money.
      by porkchop on Nov 3, 2011 at 03:04 PM in reply to Patsy Cline
      Suddenly I find myself glad Patsy Cline is dead. I guess she was crazy.
        by Anonymous on Nov 4, 2011 at 08:31 AM in reply to porkchop
        typical comment from a "porkchop"
      by Y on Nov 3, 2011 at 04:26 PM in reply to Patsy Cline
      Try some decaf.
        by Patsy Cline on Nov 4, 2011 at 08:33 AM in reply to Y
        I don't drink coffee or any caffeine laced products thank you. I guess you DO think its ok to murder but not take drugs. B&E is unlawful yes. I'm just posing a solution here.
      by Billyjoejimbob on Nov 3, 2011 at 07:04 PM in reply to Patsy Cline
      WHAT ???
  • by Mary on Nov 3, 2011 at 09:14 AM
    It is such a shame, the guy looks twice his age and the drugs have done that to him. Wish he would just look in the mirror at what he has done to his body.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 3, 2011 at 08:51 AM
    He needs to move to californicate where he can get all the pain pills he wants.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 133159643 - witn.com/a?a=133159643