Deputies: Man Shot With Shotgun, Suspect Arrested

Carteret County deputies say they have arrested a man in connection with a shooting that happened early Sunday morning.

27-year-old Christopher Salter of Sea Level has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious bodily injury.

According to deputies 27-year-old Derek Polizzi of Atlantic was shot twice in the torso by Salter with a 12 gauge shotgun after the two got into a verbal fight. They say it happened around 11 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Highway 70 and Nelson Neck Road in Sea Level.

Polizzi was transported to Carteret General Hospital and then flown to Pitt County Memorial Hospital. He is listed in fair condition.

Deputies are still investigating the incident.

Salter is in jail under a $50,000 dollar bond, his first court appearance is scheduled for Monday morning.

• by intheper Location: atlantic on Dec 10, 2010 at 08:30 AM
    i was laughing.
  • by Brooke Location: Atlantic on Dec 9, 2010 at 07:37 AM
    On facebook? Really... Yeah I have seen a few people with their posts on there lol and it has absolutely nothing to do with them, like I said before, just miserable with themselves so they have to put their own spin on it. I think we all know who they are and most of us with any sense just laugh it off
  • by intheper Location: atlantic on Dec 9, 2010 at 03:15 AM
    rumors? this is all over facebook! the rumor mill. some MAY have been false, some is provable by a quick online search. slandering peoples families? drime. get a grip on yourself. oh, oh yes misery does love company. i guess luke just let the rumors get to him, and shot derek in the back? its possible. meh.
  • by Brooke Location: Atlantic on Dec 8, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    Well then, I guess you have taught us all such a valuable lesson by posting that information on here haven't you? I will tell you what I have learned I have learned how obnoxious and ill informed some people can be. How about this, beings Age is so very much important to you, try and act yours instead of further spreading rumors, false information, slandering people's names & families, etc. Misery must really love company huh? :)
  • by Anonymous Location: Downeast on Dec 8, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    Luke has been threatening everybody in this girl's family and even her friends anybody that she talks to or associates with that he is going to hurt them or whatever. So he probably hears all this mess people are talking and believes it and went after Derek just like he threatens to her family and friends, you guys are just nosey and immature on here going after these families.
  • by intheper Location: atlantic on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    anonymous, i dont need to prove anything, see? almost everyone here downeast knows. age IS important! don't need to ask WHY on that one! lololol! i know the girls name and age! wow! who'd a thunk! things that make ya go HMMMMMMMMMMM....oh and brooke, if he didnt deserve the charges, he wouldnt have his nice pic on the ncrso site. see? AGE IS IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!
  • by theperlife Location: atlantic on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    i see! well, inform us as to why he was shot then. meh. we already know WHY. lolololol! 2 men fighting over a girl, and the girl wasnt you??? hmmmm.... slander is said, libel is written. i already knew he had twins with you. everyone knows that from the point of ci to echs.
  • by Brooke Location: Atlantic on Dec 7, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    It is rediculous to even bring up the charge that Derek has against him, what does that have to do with you or anything else? You see you didn't include all the rest of the information such as he is with the girl, myself, and we have a family together now, you simply forgot to include that bit in your attempt to slander his name for whatever reason you have. I do not mind showing my name on here because it is things like this that really makes me sick, Derek doesn't deserve that charge that he carries, he is a hard working man that is doing everything he can to support his family. It is people like you, whoever you are, that make his life a living hell bringing up that charge when there is no need. Derek is not a threat, he is not predator, nothing like what you are trying to portray him as with your "shall I mention" remarks. Have some respect for his family, for those twins, my two little boys, they have NOTHING to do with this, so keep them out of it.
  • by theperlife2 Location: Atlantic on Dec 7, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    One thing I would like to say for "theperlife" why would you bring up that Derek is a sex offender or that he just had twins? Let me give you a little info, YEAH, DEREK IS A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER, BUT HE IS LIVING WITH THE GIRL WHO HE GOT THE REDICULOUS CHARGE FOR! AND THE TWINS THAT WERE BORN 14 MONTHS AGO ARE THEIRS, THEY HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR CLOSE TO 3 YEARS NOW AND THE CHARGES WERE BROUGHT ON BY HER PARENTS AFTER THEY KNEW SHE AND DEREK WERE SEEING EACH OTHER. So I don't know what point you were bring up, I guess beings he is an offender that takes away the severity of the crime committed against him right? And he was not sleeping with any girl, don't call others busy bodies when you are spreading rumors just like the rest. How do I know all of this you ask? Because I am the "girl" who he got the offender charge with, I am the girl he has been with for 3 years steady, I am the mother of those two little boys. Any questions?
  • by Anonymous on Dec 7, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    And to the perlife what kind of person are you bringing in the age of the girl can you prove that you need to mind your own business and not others like alot of people on here

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 110944444 - witn.com/a?a=110944444