Deputies Arrest Double Murder Suspect, Search For Another

Greene County deputies now have a suspect in custody who was wanted for the shooting deaths of two people on Saturday. Sheriff Lemmie Smith tells WITN deputies are still looking for another suspect who is on the run.

Sheriff Smith says Tony Ellis is now in jail with no bond. He's been charged with two counts of murder for the shooting deaths of 49-year-old George Dixon and 23-year-old Zarkey Rivers.

Smith says deputies are now looking for another suspect, Jenteruis Leach (alias "Bear" and also "Boss Hog"), who is still on the run.

If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Greene County Sheriff's Office at 252-747-3411.

Previous Story:

The Greene County Sheriff's Office is investigating a double homicide that happened Saturday afternoon.

According to Sheriff Lemmie Smith deputies were called out to a home at 2007 Lilly Pad Rd. around 1:44 p.m. by neighbors who heard gunshots.

Smith says they are investigating exactly what happened, but at this point they believe a group of people were at the home when a fight broke out.

Smith says 49-year-old George Dixon and 23-year-old Zarkey Rivers are dead after they were shot in the chest.

The Sheriff's Office and the SBI is investigating.

At this point no suspects have been named.

We will bring you more details as soon as they become available.

• by mother of three Location: greene county on Oct 18, 2011 at 03:05 PM
    Regaurdless of the situation the last time i checked GOD was the only one who could give a life and take a life all this non sense and for what bottom line they tony and jenteruis had no right to kill those two unarmmed men. The only family that is going through are george and zakey the other families should be rejoicing because they can hear their voice and even go see their face. GOD IS IN CONTROL AND THEY WILL REAP THE SEEDS THAT THEY HAVE SOWN!
  • by Mother of Two on Oct 17, 2011 at 09:37 AM
    Small as Greene County is and they have not found that low life that killed them two people. I know he don't have that much sense to leave town. Someone know were this low life is and ya'll need to speak up and tell were he is because someone in ya'll family might be next never know. GET THE LOW LIFE OFF THE STREETS. And leave that other on in the jail cell.
  • by A Heart on Oct 13, 2011 at 08:16 PM
    This is a terrible situation but please remember there is a day time hour minute and second for everyone. Everyone pray that it doesn't happen like this but God has it all planned out. Remember regardless of there acts they are still Gods children and he will deal with them someway somehow. I pray that the family find peace and that these guys make it right with God because its clear they allowed the devil to use them.
  • by R u serious on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    It does start at home and as a parent all you can do is raise your child to the best of your ability... This is also hurtful and painful to the parents.. God has the last say so. He is in control... My heart goes out to the Austin & Dixon family.. and also to the guys mothers because I know you are also going through as well...
  • by Diyah on Oct 12, 2011 at 09:32 AM
    Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. Romans 12:19 Lord I know that you have welcomed my Lil Bro and Uncle to a better place. I trust you in this difficult time. For the people that were responsible for this heartless act I say to you that I FORGIVE YOU AND MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS. Rest easy Uncle and Lil Brother love you!
  • by Tish Location: Farmville on Oct 12, 2011 at 07:18 AM
    To the media why have'nt this story gotten more coverage compared to some of the others? 2 people was murdered in their own yard you know & a suspect is still on the loose as the news last reported...
  • by John Location: Greene County on Oct 11, 2011 at 02:28 PM
    It time Greene county put the death penalty on the table. If these people cannot live in society by societies rules, then they should not be allowed to live. Prison is just a waste of money.
  • by Temekia Best Location: Greene Count on Oct 11, 2011 at 07:35 AM
    Stephanie my heart goes out to you we never are ready for things like this to happen. I know that your faith in God will help you through this. I know that you will see the love of your life again one day. To the kids of George i love you girls and rick you guys stay strong and know you can always call on my family if you need us.
  • by DaughterOfGEORGe Location: Greene County on Oct 10, 2011 at 09:23 PM
    @ Mother of Two thanks for your sympathy I knew somebody had some Sense...R.I.P.DAD&Cuzzo WE will miss yall....and Justice will be served...Now I'm out of a Dad and my Kids out of a GrandDad...(tears)..But I know there is NOTHING to Hard For GOD and He will Help my Family get through this hard time...It really hurt..I would have never thought it would have hit home this hard the way it happened..Yea people are voicing their opinions and I know everything happens for a reason but this could have been avoided...Praying for my family(especially my mom)We really LOVED my dad..We was a family that Prayed together and Stayed together...OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF OUr HEART WE DO FORGIVE THEM FOR THEIR HEARTLESS ACTS...BUT WE WILL NEVER FORGET IT..AND WE HOPE JUSTICE IS SERVED...nO hARD feelings...GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND KEEP MY FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS AND WE WILL DO THE SAME...tHANKS sHERIFF lEMMIE YOU HAVE A HARD JOB AND YOU DOING A GOOD JOB....
      by Family Friend on Oct 11, 2011 at 04:49 AM in reply to DaughterOfGEORGe
      I was so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad and cousin. I'm sure it's hard, but try not to weep. Rejoice over the life that your family members did live. Remember the good times that you shared with them. I know your heart is heavy, but don't you hold a grudge. Let God handle this for you. Don't miss out on your blessings because of someone else. Stay focused, keep your head, and continue to pray and reap all of the blessings that God has in store for you.
      by Tish on Oct 11, 2011 at 06:26 AM in reply to DaughterOfGEORGe
      I'm so sorry for your family loss & i don't know yall but just know yall will be in my prayers,your statement brought tears to me eyes,Please tell your mom God will take care of these so call mens who without a second throught took away the head of your family...JUSTICE FOR THE FAMILY....GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
      by Mother Of Two on Oct 11, 2011 at 07:54 AM in reply to DaughterOfGEORGe
      My Prayers go out to you and the family. May God bless you and the family I can't even say I know what ya'll are going through but I hope that justice is served.
  • by Tish Location: Farmville on Oct 10, 2011 at 05:56 PM
    My prayers go out to the victims family,& for these so called men who went in these people yard & shot these mens to death they should not be able to see the light of day again,these are sad times we living in now so much violence all around us & people act like a human life ain't nothing & it basically these young people who don't have know life going for them & they just think they can take other peoples away...

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 131399328 - witn.com/a?a=131399328