Daughter Pleads Guilty To Killing Mother

A Pitt County woman is headed to prison after pleading guilty to killing her mother.

Nicole Chandler, 22, was arrested in February on charges she stabbed her mother, Brittina McDonald. The 44-year-old woman from the Belvoir area was pronounced dead at Pitt County Memorial Hospital.

Chandler will spend at least three years in prison after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter, according to the Daily Reflector.

Previous Story

A Pitt County woman is under arrest and charged with stabbing her mother to death.

The Pitt County Sheriff's Office says it happened Tuesday evening just after 6:00 p.m. at 1840 Belvoir Highway.

23-year-old Nicole Chandler is at the Pitt County Detention Center under no bond charged with killing her 44-year-old mother Brittina McDonald in their home.

Sheriff's officials have not said what a possible motive is, only that the two had been arguing and that Chandler stabbed her mother in the chest.

McDonald was transported by EMS to Pitt County Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

• by Bob Location: Michigan on Feb 29, 2012 at 08:39 AM
    Tina was a childhood friend of mine an she didn't deserve to die this way. Our society has glamorized killing and hate. Please take one minute every day to say something nice to someone. You will be amazed at how good it makes you feel.
  • by jacobi Location: greenville on Aug 4, 2011 at 02:56 PM
    3 Years are you kidding me. My God thats not Justice. Murder someone and get 3 little years WOW! I think they should have fried her! Well everyone you can now stab and kill someone and get a mini vacation of 3 years! YIPPPEEE
  • by B Location: NC on Aug 4, 2011 at 08:54 AM
    Three years...that will learn ya! Ugh Adults, if your parents are idiots, remove yourself from their presence, don't murder them.
  • by BLAH on Aug 4, 2011 at 06:34 AM
    to laura:laura,fire and brimstone,lucifer,laura,possessed demonic demon from hell.repeat.
  • by laura Location: greenville on Aug 4, 2011 at 05:43 AM
    God, love, prayers, God, God, God, God, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Bible, God, Bible, Jesus, God, love, prayers, God, God, God, God, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Bible, God, Bible, Jesus, God, love, prayers, God, God, God, God, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Bible, God, Bible, Jesus, God, love, prayers, God, God, God, God, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Bible, God, Bible, Jesus, God, love, prayers, God, God, God, God, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Bible, God, Bible, Jesus. Groan.
  • by smarter than anthony Location: gvegas on Aug 4, 2011 at 04:07 AM
    Anthony I know that crime is up but Belvoir is not in the City Of Greenville and the police has nothing to do with it...This is a PCSO problem...and he doesn't make the decision to just let people walk around after they commit crimes...maybe you need to go to college to learn about the criminal justice system.....Just Sayin....
  • by Christie Location: Hope Mills, N.C. on May 12, 2011 at 05:24 AM
    Hi my name is Christie & Nicole is my cousin & I Love & Miss her vey much & I just wanted to let everyone know that if anyone needs to talk you can e-mail me at shorty5598@yahoo.com, I don't care who you are. :)
  • by butter Location: greenville on Mar 8, 2011 at 07:34 PM
    I was just incarcerated with her and she is a nice person and I watched her cry everyday. She is trully sorry this happened, it was an accident and my heart goes out to her and her mom God bless her soul. I hope that she comes out ok.
  • by saved Location: hopemills on Mar 2, 2011 at 07:24 AM
    Dear Lord as I read all theses post here about this girl and her mother, I pray you forgive them all for none of us no why or what only you do , I pray your will be done in this matter and not all of these opinionated people, god bless all of them and most of all the children!
  • by Cheryl Location: Fayetteville N.C on Feb 28, 2011 at 02:01 PM
    I think we should all read our Bible's again, THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE. I agree this is a terribly sad situation, but none of us were there to know what happened. So God will handle this in his own way in his own time, as it should be

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116705419 - witn.com/a?a=116705419