NEW INFO: Crash Ties Up Highway 264 Traffic

Five people were injured in an accident that tied up traffic on U.S. 264 in Washington.

It happened around 11:20 a.m. near the intersection of Clarks Neck Road.

Washington police say a pickup truck was heading east and traveled across the westbound lanes, striking an SUV in a near head-on collision. That SUV ended up over the curb and in the grass.

Timothy Rose of Pinetown, the driver of the pickup, was cited for crossing the center line.

Police say four people were transported to Beaufort County Medial Center with non-life threatening injuries while Gaynell Simmons was airlifted to Pitt County Memorial Hospital where she's in stable condition.

According to police additional charged may be pending.

• by Paula Location: Columbia on Nov 16, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    I know the family in the Venture and they are fine Hyde County People, my thoughts and prayers are with Miss Gaynell as she will have many hurdles to overcome, it was an accident, pray for the hurt, and pray for the driver, I don't think he meant to cause harm to anyone, that why its called an accident. Stop blaming and start the praying. God speed Miss Gaynell and everyone else involved, you are in my prayer.
  • by jimmy ray the a Location: green ville on Nov 16, 2010 at 05:44 AM
    i am so confussed
  • by Family Friend Location: SQ on Nov 15, 2010 at 05:57 PM
    Praise God nobody was killed. Stop guessing what happened and keep the families in prayers!
  • by wow Location: washington on Nov 15, 2010 at 01:40 PM
    texting has a lot to do with the number of accidents... and it is not just teens... I see it everyday as I travel 30 miles to work.
  • by Concerned Citizen Location: Greenville on Nov 15, 2010 at 01:11 PM
    The problem is that people are not courteous when driving down the roads. Everyone drives like its there road and they dont care to share. Just the I came across a lady riding in the fast lane(left lane for those who dont know)doing 35 in a 45 and when I changed lanes to the right lane to pass her she speeds up just enough so that I could not pass her because another vehicle was was in the lane in front of me. Then she hits brakes to ride side by side with that vehicle. Its sad that people will do things like this or be on the cell phone and not paying attention in traffic. Like today on lunch break I almost go head on with a guy coming across a side roadin the greenville medical park on his cell phone.
  • by Wazzup? Location: Ayden on Nov 15, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    It seems to be that there is a considerable number of car crashes being reported on this site. With the number of idiotic drivers out on the roads, it appears that a lot of these drivers obtain the licenses from a Cracker Jack box -- 'Boy, look what I got as a prize; my drivers license'. Cause there are considerable number of drivers who are not worthy of having one.
  • by MiniVan on Nov 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    Its a minivan not an SUV. Chevy Venture to be exact.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 108188944 - witn.com/a?a=108188944