Crash Involving Seven Vehicles Snarls Traffic In Jacksonville

Traffic was snarled at a busy Jacksonville intersection after a seven vehicle accident Thursday afternoon.

The crash happened at Western Boulevard at Country Club Road. For a while Western Boulevard was down to just one lane, but all traffic lanes have been allowed to reopen.

Police say three people were injured, but none of those are serious injuries.

WITN's reporter on the scene says it appears that a City of Jacksonville utilities maintenance truck was involved in the crash.

• by Frederick Stewart on Apr 30, 2011 at 07:49 AM
    at least the Jacksonville ninja wasn't hit on the side of the road. And if you don't know who that is search Jacksonville ninja in Utube
  • by Wow! Location: Jacksonville on Apr 28, 2011 at 08:43 PM
    My Friend was one of the seven involved....she ok, sore but ok...but wow on the rude comment...you must feel good about yourself...If you dont like to read this kinda stuff then dont go on the site it is about the local news!!
  • by Anonymous on Apr 28, 2011 at 08:31 PM
    Western Blvd. is a congested and wild road many times nowadays. Add in the immature Marines that recently enlisted and it reminds me of bumper cars at a fair. Then, there are also a few people like Mike.
  • by Joyce Location: Midway Park on Apr 28, 2011 at 08:20 PM
    My daughter was in that mess. It was a chain reaction, started by the seventh car. Luckily, my daughter is fine. I appreciate all those showing concern by calling and what many have written on here.
  • by Seriously on Apr 28, 2011 at 08:00 PM
    My cousin was one of the ones that was in that accident and was injured. So, unless you have something good to say or prayers for those involved, how about you find something better to do with your time because I was happy to hear it reported so we would know what was going on.
  • by Grow up Location: New Bern on Apr 28, 2011 at 02:34 PM
    @ Mike, Seriously Mike what do you call news! If an accident involving 7 different families isn't news then what is! Maybe all of us should wish harm on you and your family, however we are not like that! May the storms not cause harm to you and yours today! I hope everyone is ok from this accident and everything else that is going on tonight! And WITN does a great job with all that they report! AND MIKE FIND A JOB!
  • by Mike Location: Onslow on Apr 28, 2011 at 01:22 PM
    Ha u must work there.. I got a breaking tip for ya cat in tree in northwoods. Hurry u might make it lol
      by thought that was rude on Apr 28, 2011 at 05:34 PM in reply to Mike
      how can people be so cold.why post hateful things?does it make you feel like a bigger man?grow up.some people have hearts. guess the wizzard didn't have one for you did he?i pray that you can have a change of heart
  • by Re: Mike on Apr 28, 2011 at 01:20 PM
    I know I for one care. My wife is in Jacksonville for Business this week. I am assuming she is okay and not involved but until I can talk to her it is nice to know that something happened. Also, if I did live in Jacksonville I would like to know so if I use that road to drive home on, I could then avoid it. If you don't like what is reported then don't read it.
  • by Mike Location: onslow on Apr 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    Nobody cares report real news.
      by ME on Apr 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM in reply to Mike
      SUPPOSE IT WAS YOUR PARNETS WIFE OR KIDS WOULD THAT BE REAL NEWS
      by thought that was rude on Apr 28, 2011 at 12:55 PM in reply to Mike
      it's rude people like you that make this world a shameful place..people like to know what is going on.don't be so cold hearted and have a little sympathy for the ones involved ..this could be you one day and someone make the same comment.
      by ME on Apr 28, 2011 at 01:38 PM in reply to Mike
      BET IF IT WAS YOU THEN YOU WOULD BE CARING
      by groeupfool on Apr 28, 2011 at 08:27 PM in reply to Mike
      this accident happened right outside of where I work and yes it was serious and should have been covered by the news because nothing is ever covered around here other than the weather and the weather too and storms were covered just as well if not BETTER than this accident. GROW UP!!!!
      by Sam on Apr 29, 2011 at 10:02 AM in reply to Mike
      Being you have Onslow County down as where you are from and where this wreck happened, I bet you would care if you were the one in the wreck in the hospital not knowing when you would be able to pay your other bills or get back to work.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120883054 - witn.com/a?a=120883054