Courthouse Roofer Arrested For Flashing

A man who deputies say has been working on the Pitt County courthouse roof is now in the Pitt County jail.

Jim Bembridge is charged with five counts of indecent exposure.

Deputies say the Windsor man was working for EC Roofing, doing work at the courthouse. They claim on his way home to Bertie County the man would stop along Brown Road and Highway 903 and expose himself to people passing by.

He's in jail on a $5,000 bond.

• by PL Location: ENC on Nov 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    OK, didn't say anything at the time, but on September 23rd I saw this man exposing himself on the side of highway 17. I was in shock when I saw it, but never reported it. He was standing beside his truck which was a white truck that appeared to be some sort of work truck.
  • by YUCK Location: ENC on Nov 7, 2011 at 10:10 AM
    Why do men think people want to see that mess? He needs to spend a week in Central Prison and flash there! See where that gets him !!!
  • by Agree Location: Williamston on Nov 7, 2011 at 08:47 AM
    I too KNOW this man....I don't think he would ever "flash" on purpose and his story is that he was urinating. I don't really agree with him doing that where people can see him, but I don't think he was deliberately flashing anyone and I don't feel that criminal charges should apply here.
  • by Just Wondering... on Nov 6, 2011 at 09:05 PM
    I'm 99.9% positive that he was exposing himself as a rude gesture, but...What happens when a guy tries his best to find a private discreet inconspicuous place (when he desperately needs to urinate) but is unaware of or accidently caught with his fly open, doing his business. Is this still cause for criminal charges?
      by Duh? on Nov 7, 2011 at 12:33 AM in reply to Just Wondering...
      the private, discreet, inconspicious place is called a restroom.
        by Just Wondering... on Nov 7, 2011 at 02:48 AM in reply to Duh?
        I was thinking more outdoors...like behind some bushes.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Nov 7, 2011 at 06:21 AM in reply to Just Wondering...
      I did try to suggest that possibility earlier, but it didn't get posted. Still, how many times does that happen in the same place?
      by NatureCalls on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:37 AM in reply to Just Wondering...
      "Just Wondering"... to answer your question, it is obvious this guy did not "try his best to find a PRIVATE DISCREET INCONSPICUOUS place" to urinate. I know 2 of the eyewitnesses. He was standing on the "road" side of his truck, facing the road, pointing his "attentive" self at women passing by. Also, if he was so innocent, why did he run when a "man" stopped to determine what was going on in his perverted mind? He obviously needs help and hopefully now he will get it. If you will wave your winky at strangers along a roadside what else might you do?!
  • by anonymous on Nov 6, 2011 at 06:12 PM
    This is true. My daughter has seen him on Hwy 17.
  • by scarlett Location: winterville on Nov 6, 2011 at 03:07 PM
    this state is eat slam up with stupid. Is there an epidemic I was unaware of?
      by Chris on Nov 6, 2011 at 06:01 PM in reply to scarlett
      Unfortunately it is a nationwide epidemic, there is not cure at all :(
      by uh on Nov 7, 2011 at 09:21 AM in reply to scarlett
      I don't know, maybe you could start with what "eat slam up" means.
  • by Football Fan Location: Stadium on Nov 6, 2011 at 09:11 AM
    Next time he should buy a ticket and streak the game. More coverage than standing alongside the highway.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 6, 2011 at 08:47 AM
    I'm sure all of your kids have seen more on your own Computer or cell.
  • by Gregory on Nov 6, 2011 at 04:15 AM
    He just wanted to show them his nail
  • by Stone on Nov 5, 2011 at 07:39 PM
    Cause it's funny what some people will do for their 5 minutes of fame.He had to know he'd be arrested for doing the weiny wave.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 133266278 - witn.com/a?a=133266278