Greenville Company Finds Stolen Equipment On eBay

A company says it found out an employee was stealing from it after searching eBay for parts to older equipment.

The Pitt County Sheriff's Office says the employee of a cleaning supply manufacturer is accused of selling more than $20,000 worth of equipment online.

David Huffman of Washington is charged with larceny by employee.

Pitt County deputies say the 39-year-old man is accused of stealing the equipment from Harper Brush between 2008 and this year. Company officials became suspicious in February when they searched eBay for a part for an older piece of equipment and found out the part actually belonged to them.

Huffman is charged with 16 counts of larceny by employee and deputies say more charges are pending. The man is in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $160,000 secured bond.

• by Mustang Location: midstate on Apr 21, 2011 at 02:26 PM
    Now we know the reason he could afford to only work "part" time!
  • by John Cash Location: Tenn on Apr 20, 2011 at 05:48 PM
    I got it one piece at a time and it didn't cost me a dime.you'll know it's me when I come thru your town.I'M gonna drive everybody wild and ride around in style.
  • by Dawn Location: Greenville on Apr 20, 2011 at 03:53 PM
    This is one of those stupidest crimal stories. Bet we here it on the radio before to long. It's bad enough that the dude stole from his employer, but he no only has messed up his life, but he has shown how stupid he is. Ignorance is bliss, what is stupidity?
  • by Anonymous Location: Greenville on Apr 20, 2011 at 01:04 PM
    Good job, PCSO. Keep up the good work!
  • by George Location: Greenville on Apr 20, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    It amazes me who stupid people can be. This lowlife thief deserves to rot in jail. I'm sure his family must be proud.
  • by RUSerious? on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    I wonder how much time he will receive???!!!!
      by Anonymous on Apr 20, 2011 at 01:32 PM in reply to RUSerious?
      probably just probation
  • by I Fought the Law on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    Wow.....$160,000 bail!!! Crystal Magnum just killed a guy and only got a $300,000 bail.....they must pull from a hat randomly. Non the less this pile of trash was stealing and does need to be prosecuted.
      by shocked on Apr 20, 2011 at 02:35 PM in reply to I Fought the Law
      The audacity of the magistrate! Where's the NAACP, the SCLC? THey should be speaking up, organizing marches and protests.
  • by Here's to you on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    Real man of genius...
      by hayes on Apr 22, 2011 at 01:22 PM in reply to Here's to you
      haha well put

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120294359 - witn.com/a?a=120294359