Community To Honor Fallen Deputy

It was just one year ago that Greene County Deputy Jon Willis was shot and killed in the line of duty.

The father of two was responding to a domestic disturbance when lawmen say Daniel Myers, 22, shot Willis, then turned the gun on himself.

A candlelight vigil in Deputy Willis's honor is planned for Thursday at 8:30 p.m. at the Greene County Court House in Snow Hill.

• by David Location: Snow Hill on Jul 29, 2011 at 01:12 PM
    Ok folks maybe I am missing something here but I dont see any comment that speaks bad about the kid so what are all of you talking about......
  • by Anonymous on Jul 28, 2011 at 03:55 PM
    Time to move on, people.
  • by Nova Location: SHNC on Jul 28, 2011 at 11:30 AM
    Rest Peacefully Jon!
  • by Laura 3 Location: Winterville NC on Jul 28, 2011 at 10:35 AM
    His family & friends think of him every day, some days are better then others, but still the loss is painful. RIP Jon, every time I see a rainbow, I know it's you telling us hello & you're watching over your family & friends!!
      by Anonymous on Jul 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM in reply to Laura 3
      The friends and family he left behind are also in our hearts and minds also, everyday. I can imgaine you do have good days and bad days and I pray the good start to outweigh the bad for you very soon!
  • by me Location: eastern nc on Jul 28, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    The kids have been through enough without everyone speculating things. They don't have to have their faces on TV or in the newspaper to remember their dad. Let's all remember that being a child is hard enough. If they choose not to go to things and be in the spotlight that is their choices. Can we just leave them alone. Would you want your kids faces all over the news?
  • by Anonymous on Jul 28, 2011 at 09:25 AM
    RIP Jon!!! Always in our memory!! You will never be forgotten.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 28, 2011 at 08:38 AM
    We love you Jon! Were taking good care of everyone! Rest in peace!
  • by really on Jul 28, 2011 at 07:20 AM
    Jon was an LEO officer which means his kids are perfectly taken care of and I personally know that his children have been included and invited to every event so if you could leave it alone for this one day and let this be for JON would be appreciated
      by Danny on Jul 28, 2011 at 05:14 PM in reply to really
      I too know his kids are darn well taken care of. Today and everyday. Not only was Jon a good Daddy to his kids, but their Mother and Grandmother are top notch people as well. Honor his memory and leave his kids alone!
      by Sam L. on Jul 29, 2011 at 01:21 PM in reply to really
      I beg to differ with you Really, they were not allowed, by the grandparents, to ride in the family car at the funeral. I personally saw that confrontation myself at the church.... As far as the other comments I agree their mother is doing a GREAT job raising them and caring for their needs

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 126310183 - witn.com/a?a=126310183