Cold Case Unit Makes Arrest In 2008 Murder

Rocky Mount police say there's been an arrest in a cold case murder.

Brandon Bland of Augusta, Georgia was charged with first degree murder and attempted first degree murder.

Police say Marcella Hunter was killed and Dominique Ransome was wounded on December 23, 2008 at a home on Williford Street. They said two men came into the home and shot the two people.

Police say they received new information last month which led to their cold case unit obtaining warrants Wednesday. The 33-year-old Bland was arrested this morning in Augusta.

A second suspect in the shootings has yet to be identified.

• by K Location: RM on Jan 30, 2011 at 04:44 PM
    @ Steve: So basically you are saying that since he fled to GA, we should just say f' it and let him stay there; instead of bringing him here to stand trial for a murder he committed here? As for the use of "thugs", I agree with you. It's an accurate description, so we should be able to use it as we wish.
  • by lo Location: around town on Jan 23, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    rip hunter.
  • by TO: Steve Location: Jax on Jan 20, 2011 at 05:15 PM
    That WRAL moderator is rough brother.lol
  • by To Jazz Location: greenville on Jan 20, 2011 at 04:33 PM
    To Jazz: I assume that Marcella was your brother? I am sorry for your loss! Hopefully they will catch the other guy also. If for some reason this thug doesn't get the death penalty I am sure that Satan will have a nice warm place for him to spend eternity in.
  • by Jazz Location: Rocky Mount on Jan 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    I Hate You , Thats My Brother That Was Taking Away From His Family I Pray And Hope You Get Death Role !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • by concerned Location: new bern on Jan 20, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    Like the show on TV, "Darn, I almost got away with it"
  • by Steve Location: Rocky Mount on Jan 20, 2011 at 09:48 AM
    Don't we have enough thugs in RM without importing them in from Georgia? Yes, I said thugs. WRAL does not let you say thugs, I believe because it will offend the thugs. WITN will let you say thugs, I believe they do not car if the thugs are offended. Thugs.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114282809 - witn.com/a?a=114282809