Coach McNeill Talks With WITN About His Weight Loss Surgery

ECU head football coach Ruffin McNeill says he has already lost 45 pounds since his weight loss surgery on January 13th.

McNeill says, "This is a life change, it's not a phase, or a two year change or a three year change. I made a life decision."

McNeill's surgery was necessary so that he can have hip replacement surgery following the spring football game.

McNeill says, "I want to be here for my family, for my girls and they want me here for them too. I want to be here for my boys, I have a 120 boys to take care of too, I'm very conscious of those guys."

McNeill says when fans see him come the first game of the season, he hopes he'll be walking better and running down the ref's a lot quicker.

• by Darren Location: Kill Devil Hills on Feb 7, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    Best of luck to Coach Ruff! You are a great coach, great mentor, great recruitor, and more than anything a great person. Your family and your football players need you around and need you to be in great health just like back in your college days. You have all of pirate nation backing you up buddy.
  • by Dave Location: Behind you on Feb 5, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    Pee Kay thinks she is funny.
  • by JTG on Feb 4, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    Where I'm from, PK stands for party keg. What's your excuse?
  • by PK on Feb 4, 2011 at 05:49 AM
    Dave: Your love of all things Pittsburgh begs the question: why did you not move to this city per your career aspirations? Welcome to your downward spiral.
  • by Dave Location: Gold's on Feb 3, 2011 at 04:12 PM
    Buuuud, you like to repeat yourself I see. Anyway, I am a one CITY fan, the fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins.
  • by Bud Location: Washington on Feb 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    What point is that Dave? That I actually CAN commit to supporting one team? The school I actually attended and graduated from? Crucify me for missing one little R on the keyboard. Duck and run like you always do Dave.
  • by Bud Location: Washington on Feb 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM
  • by Dave Location: Golds on Feb 2, 2011 at 07:48 PM
    Buuuud, your writing one 'r' in embarrasses is enough to prove my point about you.
  • by Bud Location: Washington on Feb 2, 2011 at 01:33 PM
    LS, if you really know the Dave who embarasses himself on WITN regularly then I am sorry for you! Let me guess how you identified him.....he was wearing a Penn St shirt, a Pitt hat, a UNC headband, Florida gym shorts, Alabama socks, and shoes with USC logos on them. And above the Penn St logo on the shirt it said "I'm with stupid" and an arrow pointed up instead of left or right? And on the back of his shirt it said "I have committment problems...Go Lions/Panthers/Heels/Tide/Gators/Steelers/Eagles/Trojans!" No? Oh well, must be a different Dave. Wait, was he there cleaning the bathrooms? Maybe that was him after all!
  • by Bud Location: Washington on Feb 2, 2011 at 01:33 PM

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114977844 - witn.com/a?a=114977844