Child Dies In Pool Drowning

A three-year-old child has died from an apparent pool drowning on Hatteras Island.

The boy's mother found her son at the bottom of the pool at a rental home on Live Oak Ct. in Salvo, according to the Virginian Pilot.

The paper says the mother noticed her son was missing from the downstairs gameroom, and then she found him in the pool.

It is not clear where the family is from.

• by Darren Location: Kill Devil Hills on Jun 29, 2011 at 11:54 AM
    This is very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this little 3 year old.
  • by Kathy Location: Washington on Jun 29, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    WITN moderator, what was wrong with my post. I speak from experience and offered some good advice. I have to wonder what your criteria is for not posting some comments.
  • by Tears on Jun 28, 2011 at 06:34 PM
    My heart goes out to this family. I'm vacationing down here and I heard about this. Come to find out this family is from my home town. I know them very well. What a shock. May God keep his arms wrapped around them in this time of need. Heaven has another angel.
  • by mindovermatter on Jun 28, 2011 at 01:59 PM
    My heart goes out to the parents, what a tragdey. Couldn't imagine lossing my child in this way.
  • by Anon Location: Washington on Jun 28, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    This is such a tragic story and my heart truely goes out to this family. I could not imagine anything like this happening to my child. You all are in my prayers.
  • by Tim Location: Kitty Hawk on Jun 28, 2011 at 08:28 AM
    Very sad! My heart goes out to the family of this child. It is so easy to lose sight of a child and especially while on vacation with so much going on. However, the question I would have is were the safety provisions in place such as door alarms from the gameroom to the pool area or scsl gates and if not, why?
  • by Brena Location: Pitt Co on Jun 28, 2011 at 06:48 AM
    Prayers to this poor family. It only takes a second for something to happen. To Harsh: This mom has and will continue to suffer for the rest of her life. Rest in peace little one. And, I will pay for peace for the child's family. God bless them all.
  • by ignorant on Jun 28, 2011 at 05:33 AM
    ok< just because someone lives on an island doesnt mean they cant have a pool....thats kinda ignorant dont ya think? Not everyone wants to swim in the ocean everyday!
  • by Anonymous Location: NC on Jun 28, 2011 at 03:49 AM
    How long does it take for a 3 year old to wander away....one second. Please be responsible parents. My heart hurts for the family of this tragic accident....
  • by 2 things Location: the coast on Jun 28, 2011 at 01:52 AM
    Sorry for her loss. I see the ads for pool wave detectors. Anyone have one that knows how well they work? If you live on an island why have a pool?
      by Really??? on Jun 28, 2011 at 04:08 AM in reply to 2 things
      Alot of people on islands have pools... That comment has nothing to do with story nor is any of your business why they have a pool!
      by Just Me on Jun 28, 2011 at 05:30 AM in reply to 2 things
      Same reason you see pools at the ocean...duh ?
      by Anonymous on Jun 28, 2011 at 01:44 PM in reply to 2 things
      I believe the story reads they were renting the home. Lots of vacation homes in Hatteras have pools.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124635584 - witn.com/a?a=124635584